iPhone 5 Vibrate Switch No Longer Working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nikemike, Oct 8, 2012.

1. nikemike macrumors newbie

I have a Black 32gb iPhone 5, I preordered my phone the first night they were available from Apple so I've had my phone since the first day they were available. When I first got my phone I noticed that the vibrate button was really sensitive to the touch. When I flip the volume/vibrate switch the phone vibrates and the volume icon appears on the screen briefly then disappears and the phone won't stay in vibrate mode. I noticed that if I lightly brush my finger on the side of the phone where the switch is the phone will alternate from vibrate mode then back to volume mode. This has to be a short or faulty switch which is really disappointing considering what this phone costs. I've been hesitant to bring my phone in to the Apple store because I know that they probably don't even have any replacements yet. The question is, would I get a brand new phone or would Apple try to give me a refurbished phone? Seems like Apple's quality control has gone way down recently, funny considering the way they always brag about their attention to detail in polishing the bevel on this phone yet the more important things like vibrate/volume buttons don't work!

2. Spink10 macrumors 601

Spink10

They dont have refurbs yet - they should have replacement stock - go into apple store