Iphone 5 volume key misplace

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mcdr, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Mcdr macrumors newbie

I just bought my iphone 5 two weeks ago in radioshack and i just notice that the volume keys are not on its right place the negative key is on top and the postive key is at the bottom. This is my first iphone and was been dissapointed. I like apple i have macbook pro and ipad and im satisfied with those products. Only now with iphone 5 i have a problem with screen glitches and sometimes on app store search not working. Can i go back to radioshack and ask them to replace my phone or should i go directly to apple?

Attached Files:

2. RRutter macrumors 6502

That's amazing! I've never seen a mess-up like that; if I were you, I wouldn't even bother going back to Radioshack. Take it to Apple. Let us know what they say.. VERY curious as to what their response is.

3. close2reality macrumors 6502

try either, who ever has them in stock. try to find an apple store with stock they will take care of you.

4. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

This happened with the 4/4S as well.

I would try to exchange it at radioshack and if they give you trouble, go to apple.

5. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Go directly to Apple, they will give you a new one for sure. I don't know about Radioshack, they may tell you to go at Apple so you may as well go there directly just in case (unless it's far from you). The iPhone 5 quality insurance is indeed lacking. I've heard about this problem before, it's not as common as scratches/dents out of the box but it's still a problem.

6. Mcdr thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response i will go directly to apple. Same thing here this was unbelievable for them to mess up with this and been approve with there quality control.

7. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

Wow. I envy you. You got a lottery. I would take it to apple after 11 months later. ;)

8. RRutter macrumors 6502

Not to mention Radioshack's attempt at getting more money; they tried getting me to pay a bunch of BS charges when I took a broken iPhone there. Went straight from there to the Apple store, was home within an hour with a brand new 4s Apple gave me.

I actually thought about this too.. You basically have a golden ticket for a free iPhone 5

9. Mcdr thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes thats right. Even the keys are working but its misplace this is not what i paid for its expensive and also its there reputation that gives satisfaction and quality products.

10. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Think twice about when you return it. You can take it to Apple any time because it's a manufacturing defect. If you scratch up the phone, have battery issues, don't like the screen etc. You get the idea. :cool:

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

+1

12. Mcdr thread starter macrumors newbie

What about the applecare i got with the phone?

13. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Applecare will be transferred to the replacement. That's why it's best to deal with Apple. This is a warranty replacement.

14. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

If OP waits 10 months, and destroys the phone or anything like that, I doubt apple will allow him to exchange it even with an obvious defect like the volume keys being in the wrong locations.

15. JoyceLambir macrumors newbie

I would take it to apple after 11 months later[​IMG]

16. Mcdr thread starter macrumors newbie

Do apple activate my phone or i will go to verizon?

17. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Nobody said destroy. Wear and tear would not be an issue.

----------

Apple can handle everything for you.

18. Mcdr thread starter macrumors newbie

I take good care of my stuff i hope they can still replace this before 11 months :)

----------

Thank you guys for the advice

19. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Haha, maybe the employees at Foxconn are so angry they're just outright doing these things on purpose at this point :D

20. clumsythief83 macrumors regular

If he drops his iPhone and cracks his screen, would Apple still take it back? My iPhone 4s volume button got stuck last month and when I bring it back to Apple, they saw it right away, but still perform all kind of test (diagnostic) and they checked if it was water damaged. So I wonder if they would do the same with his iPhone.

21. Morlais macrumors newbie

Dodgy products

Waw thats amazing, Apple would be very embarrassed about that especially if the media picked up on it, I'd take it to the Apple store or sell it on ebay as a unique phone!