iPhone 5 vs 5s Battery...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by npep, Sep 11, 2013.

1. npep macrumors member

Is there any REAL information about the battery life difference? Is the battery size the exact same? Are they looking to gain some life from efficiencies in processing?

I am a 4S owner and wanted better battery usage, on the fence...aaauuuggghhh!

2. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

3. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Isn't it the same from the figures that Apple have posted so far? Bigger, but with no other improvements?

4. Kram1975 macrumors member

If the battery was better they would have said so. In standby they are claiming up from 225 hours to 250. That's it really. So a 10% increase at best in efficiencies. Pathetic. I continue to wait for an iPhone with a better battery to switch also on 4S

5. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Yeah. Still better than the 4 to 4S upgrade, I believe the battery there actually went backwards.

6. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

If battery life was better then Apple would have made it a big point during the presentation. The presenters basically said it will have the same battery life as the 5.

7. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

Wait and see, but I'd honestly expect same or worse, considering the M7 is there now too.

Predictions: Next iPhone will probably have a much better battery. And the iPhone+ will have a really great one.