iPhone 5 vs iPod touch 5th Generation in the Long run

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by narutoninjakid, Jul 10, 2013.

1. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

I was recently thinking about getting an iPod touch 5th generation again. I bought one when they had just came out but sold it to get a Samsung galaxy Note II and recently I was thinking I should pick one up for Christmas. I started thinking however that I should just invest in an iPhone 5 that i would use as an iPod as it has a better processor, camera and other internals. I feel that Apple will support the phone longer than they would the iPod. What do you guys think about this ? Is this just untrue ?

2. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

3. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

They'll support the iPod just as long. I wouldn't worry about that. But if u get another brand phone and the iPod touch, then it would be better to the phone and use it as the iPod as well.

4. iDominic macrumors member

iDominic

Considering the fact you already have a note 2, I would just get the iPod touch 5th Generation. I mean the 32 GB iPod Touch 5 is $300, the 16 GB iPhone 5 is $650. I don't know about you but the $350 isn't really worth it.

5. narutoninjakid thread starter macrumors 6502

I was going to get one with a bad ESN so it cannot be activated so it's a lot cheaper usually around $380 for the 32 gigabyte version