iPhone 5 weekend sales NOT as good as predicted.

Merkie

macrumors 68020
Oct 23, 2008
Apple sold out of their initial supply, so all this proves is that analists are just retards who don't know anything.

sk1wbw

Suspended
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
I remember when Samsung said they sold 20 million Galaxy S3 units over their initial weekend. Then it came to be that those were sold to carriers.

But yeah, 5 million over a weekend is pretty impressive sales for anything.

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
Apparently based on lack of supply rather than lack of demand. As time goes on I'm more and more pleased with my new iPhone 5.

So they'll sell it later this quarter (that ends this week) or next quarter.

Phones pre-ordered but not shipped don't count as sold.

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
I remember when Samsung said they sold 20 million Galaxy S3 units over their initial weekend. Then it came to be that those were sold to carriers.

But yeah, 5 million over a weekend is pretty impressive sales for anything.
So, that is 7 Million total, counting the two million preorders? I think that's pretty impressive.

raremage

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Orlando, Florida
Love this quote:
We won't know the full story of iPhone 5 sales until January when Apple reports results for the holiday quarter. However, today's announcement, coupled with last quarter's earnings, suggests that the days of mega-growth for the iPhone are over.
What an incredible line of nonsense. Counting preorders, the 4S sold 5 million units the first weekend. Counting preorders, the 5 sold 40% more units.

This signals the end of the iPhone's popularity.