iPhone 5 weight

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oofie, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Oofie macrumors regular

How are you all finding the weight of the phone?

Ive had my 5 since saturday and I really enjoy the lighter weight now. When my wife and I were buying the phones, I told her I wish it was as heavy as the 4s, as I felt that the 4s was really sturdy because of its weight and dimensions. However, after just 2 days, whenever I hold the 4s, I now feel like its too heavy and bulky and I much prefer the weight and feel of the 5.

Just sharing ;)

2. simply stunning macrumors regular

I love the weight of it. I handed it to my brother last night, and he said that he thought it was too light. I disagree completely. I love the weight of it, and think it feels just rite. It did take about a day to get used to it though.

3. megapopular macrumors 6502a

It's great! Doesn't feel like its gonna fly out of my hand or anything. Easier to hold when laying down for extended periods of time when I'm in bed and for those times when I fall asleep while reading news while in bed it doesn't hurt my face as much when I drop it, lol!!

I actually bought a belkin case from the AT&T store, but I'm returning it and going with just a pseudo carbon fiber back appliqué and a power support crystal screen protector on the front cause I want as little bulk or weight added to my phone. I have Apple Care+ in case I break it.

4. jester0723 macrumors regular

The 5 is my first iPhone - I'm coming from a Blackberry. I didn't really notice the light weight until I held my friend's iPhone 4S. Wow - this thing is light! Even with our cases (Otterbox Defender and Lifeproof), it was very clear that my phone was much lighter. Pretty cool I think.