iPhone 5 what other hardware changes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluechipBMW, Sep 10, 2012.

1. bluechipBMW macrumors member

Other than the iPhone 5 having a bigger (longer) display will there be any hardware changes that would make it different than iPhone 4S?

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Who knows, everything is speculation at this point. We'll find out in 2 days.

3. OMGwtfBBQwings macrumors regular

I reckon with the change in the speaker grills. we'll get improved audio.

with te new headphones I think audio will be a big feature.

4. jj47 macrumors regular

Let me just get in my time machine. I'll be back with an answer before you know it.

5. madsci954 macrumors 68030

While you're at it, can you tell me who wins this year's Super Bowl :p

6. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

We are only 48 hours away of the special event, but for some reason you expect use to be psychics and give you all th juicy details ahead of the event?

7. dotme macrumors 6502a

Totally new case. New & Smaller Home Button. Moved sensors and camera. Less upper and lower bezel. New processor. Thinner profile. More memory. New dock connector. Less glass. Relocated headphone jack.

I'm guessing the above hardware changes all make it different than the 4S, right?

8. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Here's what else is expected.

1gb ram
    LTE
    A6 processor
    Thinner
    Much more durable unibody/aluminum frame
    Likely a camera upgrade (front and/or back)
    nano sim
    new dock connector
    redesigned speaker system

And then I would be surprised if Apple didn't shock us with some "bonus" feature that nobody saw coming (like the gyroscope in iPhone 4)

Let me direct you to the macrumors roundup

9. Cougarcat macrumors 604

New Broadcom wireless chip has wifi direct, which Apple may use (Airport Direct, AirDrop.)

10. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Better yet what are the powerball numbers for Wednesday.

11. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

I don't think it will matter how much better they make the factory headphones, they will never compare to name brand headphones.

I used to have Bose in ear headphones with a mic and they were great, but I recently switched Klipsch S4i's after my Bose ear buds were stolen. I decided to switch after I read reviews on CNET.

The Klipsch Headphones are SOOO worth it. They sound amazing and they noise cancel too. S4, S4i, and S4A are all the same headphone, the S4 doesn't have a mic/controls and the S4i and S4A are for iOS and Android devices respectfully.

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-earbuds/

12. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I can get those Westones cheaper. :)

13. Xgm541 macrumors 6502a

I am no audiophile and the s4i have a cheap build quality, the wire is too short and the mic is positioned too far down the length of the wire to be heard properly during phone calls. My $27 skullcandys sound the same.

14. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

You are definitely right on the wire being too short.

As for the being heard, I have never had anyone complain to me, so I do not know there... but since I used to have the Bose MIE2 until they were stolen, its position does annoy me, because I am still used the Bose mic/control location. and the QC15 I have for travel have the mic in the same location.

It is funny that those headphones were stolen... because they are in ear, and they were over a year old. I wouldn't want someones old in ear headphones. They saw a good amount of use too.

The small things that bother me about the Klipsch headphones, are offset by their sound quality. I sold Home Theater equipment for 4 years in college, so I have become extremely picky. I even tried the Klipsch X10i headphones, they did not sound any better then the S4i's. So I returned them.