iPhone 5 WiFi Auto-Reconnect Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by essential, Oct 1, 2012.

1. essential macrumors regular

iPhone 5 has been working great except one issue, it won't auto-rejoin some wifi networks. It's a weird issue, because it will auto-rejoin my home network just fine when I'm in range, however it does not auto-rejoin my work network when I enter the building. The work network shows under available connections, and I can connect manually each time, but it will not auto-rejoin the next day. Even if I go out to lunch, when I come back it's on LTE and stays there till I manually rejoin Wifi.

My iPhone 4S never had this issue, and nothing has changed on the network end at work. I set this up as a new phone, did not restore from my 4S backup.

Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

2. essential thread starter macrumors regular

Sorry, AT&T (64GB Black), guess I put down everything but that.

3. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I had this issue at one friend's house only...all my other spots would auto-connect. However, I figured out that it probably had something to do with him getting a new router and using the same SSID and password as the old router (not entirely sure what, though). What fixed it for me was to reset my network setting...it was a pain to type in all my other WiFi passwords to join again, but it fixed the auto-joining error at that one place.