Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yongtjunkit

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2016
Hi, I've been noticing that my iPhone 5 wifi/ Bluetooth (either one) not working properly.

I first noticed the problem when I do reset all settings (no data wipe) to my iPhone and I've noticed that continuity (all continuity function) aren't working till I do another reset all settings again, another one would be nothing is connected to the lightning port of my iPhone but it pops up this accessory may not be supported with is weird and I've noticed that when I go to settings >general> about, I can't see the information about the Bluetooth device anymore

Not only that, i've also noticed that cell signal dropping more frequently(showing searching... then reconnect to the cellular network)

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Old phones,especially the iPhone 5,do get problems with battery,SSD and most of the hardware over time.
A 2012 cellphone should be on its last leg anyway,and as the 5 will be unsupported by Apple this fall,when iOS 11 roll out,I would consider a replacement if I where you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.