iPhone 5 wifi "fix" via Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by redhawk87, Oct 24, 2012.

1. redhawk87 macrumors regular

So, idk if this has already been discussed but my iPhone 5 was having problems automatically connecting to wifi networks and once connected to a wifi network, it would only stay connected for a limited time.

A week or two ago I went to the Apple Store in Raleigh, NC and they told me it is a known issue. The guy I talked to said its a software AND firmware problem. He said he does not have a timeline on when Apple is going to fix this and that as of now, Verizon will still charge me for going over my 2GB plan. He told me a somewhat temporary fix is to go into wifi settings and click on the wifi network you use often and switch the HTTP proxy to "Auto"

Hope this helps!

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

so did it work for you?

3. redhawk87 thread starter macrumors regular

It works as well as you would expect. I still have to manually do it every time I enter a new wifi area but yeah it fixed it at places I am at regularly like home and school

4. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I don't see how this could be a hardware AND software issue and NOT impact every single iPhone 5. I think there's some info missing (and that isn't implying you are not telling us something, OP, just that there's more to the story).

I'm not impacted by this issue and I've done nothing but upgrade the firmware on my wireless router at home (my iPhone 5 would crash it every time it connected --it's a POS thing.).