iPhone 5 Wifi Issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coffeemadmanUK, Nov 19, 2012.

1. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

Recently started seeing this issue. I'm connected to wifi, but it's not showing the symbol for it. If I'm on the tube, it says "No service" but I get service.

It's annoying mostly when out and about and I connect to a wifi network that requires a login but I am unaware of this until I try to access an app (like Facebook) and it doesn't work.

Attached Files:

2. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

A few folks were reporting wifi issues which were temporarily fixed by a phone reboot. It seemed to be mainly open wifi that needed passwords.

If you are not running iOS 6.0.1 then update but beyond that you may just have a bad wifi in your phone and need a swap out.

3. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I checked both open and closed networks and it's exactly the same - the wifi symbol just never appears.

I'll try another phone reboot, and restore. I hate doing that though since I lose all my game data on the phone.

4. kiyuta macrumors newbie

5. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

I have reset all the wifi settings and set them all up again. It's likely to require a restore I know but... ugh, it's just the lost data that bugs me.

I wish app data was stored via iCloud too!

6. coffeemadmanUK thread starter macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

So I reset the network settings and now the wifi symbol is back randomly. Still having issues with it remaining connected to the wifi for a lengthy time but better that the symbol is back!