iPhone 5 with new iPad-like design would be easy to hide compared to 4s... here's why

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iansilv, Oct 1, 2011.

1. iansilv macrumors 6502a

What if the iPhone 4S is going to have all new hardware- CPU, graphics, camera etc. so all the new speed would need to be tested... But what if the iPhone 5- the one that everyone is hoping to see- has no internal changes except for the addition of an LTE chipset, 4" screen and a redesign. Other than that, its CPU, camera, etc. are identical to the 4S.

This would mean Apple would not need to reference it specifically in the iTunes betas or iOS 5 betas. If the screen is 4" with the same resolution, no one needs to test their apps with it. If the CPU is the same, memory, camera, etc. all the same- no one needs to test their apps to it or spot bugs with iOS specific functions. And LTE- really, that is a speedup of downloading and uploading- nothing that would need to be tested anywhere except within an inner-circle of Apple engineers.

I guess my point is, if Apple really wanted to prevent any possible code references to the iPhone 5 they could do it, as the internals would have already been tested with the software through references to the 4S...

Thoughts anyone?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I'm speechless,

3. iansilv thread starter macrumors 6502a

That wasn't nice... :(

4. ryuok macrumors regular

Illogical to say the least. I'm amazed what people would say to rationalize their desire for this unicorn phone.

5. iansilv thread starter macrumors 6502a

Why is it illogical? What I am saying is that Apple would not have to do any sort of mass testing with the general iOS beta and still produce the phone, testing it with the existing iOS betas. All their LTE testing and quality control could be done internally.

What is illogical about that?

6. CompletelyApple macrumors newbie

Illogical for Apple to release just an identical iPhone 4.
    The redesign isn't that important to me personally, but I think a screen size increase is warranted. as it is for a lot of people. Many don't care about teardrop shapes, They want a bigger screen.

7. iansilv thread starter macrumors 6502a

The bigger screen is my main desire for the next iPhone.

8. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

How would they know if they had antenna problems with the iPhone 5, without real world testing? Apple doesnt want another antenna gate on their hands.

9. iansilv thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dude they would just know.

J/k- I think they could have their highest-level engineers testing it safely and securely. An inner-circle that is not even communicating with the 4S guys for the most part... And not getting drunk with them at bars...