iPhone 5 with Verizon Fios wifi

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhimpele, Oct 23, 2012.

1. bhimpele macrumors member

Does anyone else have an issue with using an iPhone 5 with a Verizon Fios router? I can't determine if its the phone or the router, but it constantly tells me that I am connected to the network, but cant maintain an internet connection. I tried getting a new router, and am still having the same issues. Any thoughts?

2. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

This is a known issue with the IP5. It might be fixed when 6.0.1 comes out soon.

3. stieny macrumors member

I have Verizon Fios and no problems here. My phone connects and stays connected until I leave my house and it automatically reconnects when I get home.

I always have a consistent 15mbps down and 5mbps up when I'm connected which is what I'm currently paying for on Fios.

4. fridayxiii macrumors member

I have a Week 35 iPhone5 and FiOS as well. I don't have a problem holding a network signal via WiFi, and my up/down speeds are what others have posted. (FWIW my router/modem unit is 3 years old.)

While decent, the speed below what I'm paying for with my bandwidth pack, but it's not a big deal/not worth getting twisted over.

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Known issue for who? I have an iPhone 5 and have never had this problem at home, or at work, or at the Apple store.

6. Ntran macrumors member

It's more of a problem with Verizon router, not the Iphone 5. I had the same problem back then with my Iphone 4 and 4S. I had to reconnect to the network every single time I locked my phone. I had the same issue with my Imac too.

My solution was to use my Apple Airport to bridge the internet connection and since then problem has been solved.

7. Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

For many, the IP5 for many people is having issues connecting or staying connected to certain networks and/or routers. This forum and the apple support forum are full of threads about it. I have the issue too, but at least at home it was solved by upgrading to a better router. Shouldn't have to, but I kind of wanted to anyway.

Right up there with the scuff issue, which frankly I don't care much about, is the wifi issue. 6.0.1 is said to have a fix for this.