iPhone 5 youtube video stuttering?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bankaimadness, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Bankaimadness macrumors 6502

Whenever I play a youtube video it always either pause or stutter 1-2 mins in..

Anyone experiencing a similar problem?

2. Usehername macrumors member

All videos I play on the YouTube app almost always pauses. Just pause and wait it out a bit, which is ridiculous since some are only like 3 minutes long.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

What's this have to do with the i5? Your connection is most likely to blame or youtube itself.

4. Bankaimadness thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't know. I never had an iphone before.

I was using ATT LTE and WiFI and it still stutters and pause.

5. ryanlawrence171 macrumors member

It was a connection issue, and yes rebooting, respringing help wake up the connection system on your device. Also a toggle of airplane mode and wifi on/off buttons help revive the connection. I get the same slow catchup stop like you was having when ever my connection is slow, and when i do those tricks , it works much faster.

6. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

Go to your wifi settings and click on the right side of your wifi connection scroll down to DNS and enter this there 8.8.8.8 then back out to save settings this is googles open DNs usually faster then a networks DNs

7. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I don't know what has been up with youtube lately. Even at home on my MBP or desktop sometimes videos will just sit there forever. Switching to a lower quality doesnt even help.