iPhone 5 Zagg Invisible Shield

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nepaiphoneuser, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Nepaiphoneuser, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

Nepaiphoneuser macrumors member

I have never liked my screen naked. Yesterday I received my brand new awesome iPhone and got an invisible shield from BEst Buy, the thing is their design this time is odd, it's not complete there seems to be a cutout above the camera and below the home button. Anyone else notice this? Likes-dislikes? To me it seems this area will be prone to peel up, hasn't yet

Attached Files:

2. MartyF81 macrumors 6502

It is because there are sensors in that area that detect light and the phones proximity to your face. In previous models the shields interfered with the sensors... in particular on the white models.

I am sure the cut out is for this purpose, and if they tried to border over the sensor it would be a very thin piece of shield.

3. ctc799 macrumors member

I also have put one on my iPhone 5, though I actually think it will peel less. My iPhone 4 shield peeled up in the small line that ran underneath the home button.

4. ProudLoz macrumors regular

I think if you go to their website you'll notice that's there's a "Case Friendly" version and a regular version. The regular version will have the cutout like always, while the Case Friendly version will have that strange cut out that you have on your iPhone 5.

I also bought a Zagg screen protector for my brother at Best Buy and noticed that the box said "Case Friendly" and I could not find the regular one at all. But since I needed it, I bought it anyways.

5. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

Grabbed one too. FYI they are $10 cheaper at target

6. meganator macrumors member

I got mine for $10 at bestbuy. I'm not wild about the odd cut outs but I'm getting used to them. Had bb install so if it peels or bubbles they have to replace it.