iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Burch, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Burch macrumors member

My birthday is August 27th but my parents already to know what I want for it. I told them I want to switch carriers (I am on T-Mobile and hate it) or get Beats by Dre. Obviously, if I switch carriers, I have to get a phone as soon as possible. So, my question is, When do you think the iPhone 5 will come out? I do not want to switch carriers, get a new phone, and find out that the new iPhone came out and I have to wait another 2 years. If the iPhone comes out around september then that would be great, otherwise I will get the Beats!
    Thanks in advance and sorry if I mislead you by the title or you think I am "spoiled!"

2. nohaver macrumors member

iPhone 3G was released on July 11, 2008.
    iPhone 3GS was released June 19, 2009.
    iPhone 4 was released on June 24, 2010.
    iPhone 4S was available for pre-order on October 7, 2011.
    So I am guessing you might have to go month-to-month for a short bit if the yearly schedule stays true.

3. sakau2007 macrumors 6502

Beats by Dre? You realize you can spend half as much money and get something by a company that actually knows speakers and headphones, right? Beats by Dre is the Bose of the headphone world. A total joke given the price.

I guess you could say the same thing about Apple/iOS... but I feel that despite the fact they overcharge and limit you in many ways, the roots of the phone/operating system are still very strong.

4. moonman239 macrumors 68000

If your parents switch to AT&T, you can upgrade after 1 year if your parents sign another 2-year contract.

5. MadMan23 macrumors newbie

Well, I don't know about you...but the sound quality of any Bose speakers, whether it be Auto, entertainment systems, headphones, or docking stations...is a much higher quality in sound than your average run of the mill speakers. I have Bose in my truck, Bose headphones, and a Bose docking station. I love Bose just as much as I love Apple. :D:apple:

6. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

iPhone Pro Zoom

Keeping the 3.5" display so it's easy to fit in your pocket :)

[​IMG]

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

you sir are no Audiophile! of course Bose do beat Dre's both however way over priced..

8. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

ehhh if youre just looking for something with sub in it yeah.... but if you want some good hq real studio youre going to want to drop around $300

9. WRIGHTRACING macrumors regular

get them to switch you carriers and buy you a cheap walmart phone and just put a monthly billed sim in it. Then when the iPhone comes out, buy it. Or just tell them to wait and buy your gift when it comes out.