iPhone 5C/5S - Apple Store, Kingston (Bentall Centre) - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by LixLev, Sep 16, 2013.

1. LixLev macrumors regular

Will anyone else be queueing up for the new iPhone 5S or 5C at the Apple Store in Kingston inside the Bentall Centre?

I think the last time I queued up was either for the iPad 2 or the iPhone 4 (I can't remember which came first), and it was quite good fun if I'm honest (I brought a chair with me).

Anyone else planning on queueing up in Kingston?

2. dannyjames8 Guest

I think I'm going to head to Kingston.

I've always gone to London for the launches but decided I that I will go local this time. Not too sure what the queue is going to be like, but I was planning on heading down at about 10pm after the late night shopping is done and check out the queue, and depending on what its like I might go home and then head back at around 3am.

Can you shed some light on the queue situation. I take it that it will start outside, but when the doors open is it just sprint to the store? haha

3. LixLev thread starter macrumors regular

I never thought of going that early, I was thinking more around late morning/early afternoon. You think they'll sell out that quick?

4. dannyjames8 Guest

Haven't got a clue to be honest, I want to grab a 5s and a lot of people are saying very limited stock. I've got a flight at lunch time so I don't really want to be queueing for a long time.

Never been to Kingston for a launch don't have any idea of what the queue is like..

Not going to be starting a queue, so if there is noone there I'll come back at about 6/7am. I think it would be safer to be there at doors open at 8am at least just to make sure you get one.

What model are you planning on getting?

5. LixLev thread starter macrumors regular

Two 64GB Space Grey iPhone 5S's, one for me, one for my Dad, how about you?

6. dannyjames8 Guest

Still not sure! 32gb Gold I think, still not sure between gold and white though.

7. Mutix macrumors newbie

Also think I'll be down there early morning. Anyone know if people are already queuing this evening or what is was like last year for the iPhone 5 in Kingston?

Cheers

8. StephenFord macrumors newbie

9. LixLev thread starter macrumors regular

I was wondering the same thing, I was in the Apple Store earlier and there were a few people outside the store in the alcove. Don't know if they were queueing or not. Also, does anyone know what time the Bentall Centre will open, and which entrance the queue starts at?

10. dannyjames8 Guest

Just drove past and about 30 people in the queue, im going to join in about 40mins!

11. crazybobbles macrumors newbie

Wow, sounds pretty good. I might join

12. LixLev thread starter macrumors regular

Mate, you defo joining in 40 mins? Might come down then aswell, I'd planned on setting my alarm for 4am anyway, what's two hours. Which entrance? Was there security there?

13. dannyjames8 Guest

Im here now, queue is much longer! Its the main entrance by the big blue arch. I'm directly on the corner of the block. Bored out my mind no wants to talk to me haha!

14. crazybobbles macrumors newbie

How much longer? I'm on a night bus to Kingston and I've got myself a lovely picnic blanket to sit and read kindle

Still sounds better than regent or covent. I'm relying on random people up all night to get by

15. dannyjames8 Guest

A guy about 4 places before counted 101 people, i guess that makes me about 105 then. And about 10 people after me.

16. LixLev thread starter macrumors regular

I'm heading down now. Follow me on twitter and ill DM u when I'm there

17. crazybobbles macrumors newbie

I'm here. So many scalpers :(

----------

And drunk idiots claiming they have the iPhone already

18. dannyjames8 Guest

I know tell me about it. Where abouts are you in the queue? Im trying to work out which is more uncomfortable, leaning against this or standing up for the next 4hours 30mins ha

19. crazybobbles macrumors newbie

Opposite john Lewis. Stealing their wifi! I'm sitting on something and leaning on the window. One must sit! Might make your bum cold but it will warm up eventually

20. dannyjames8 Guest

Oh nice one! Im stealing Barclays! Currently watching hustle on my ipad

21. crazybobbles macrumors newbie

My corner is riddled with antisocial people and scalper families and it's a bit dodgy so no iPad out

----------

You going solo? Don't mind if you join me. Just followed you so feel free to dm

----------

Just keep it casual

22. cmsj macrumors regular

cmsj

Good luck all the Kingston queuers. Stuck in Seattle on a work trip so I can't join you ;)

23. LixLev thread starter macrumors regular

Walking to the queue now. Took half an hour to find somewhere to park that wasn't full of drunks

24. StephenFord macrumors newbie

So many scalpers. I hope the store picks up on it. People holding the queue for others and pushing me back down the queue!

25. Radomira macrumors newbie

Hi guys how long is the queue now? Im just getting up ang getting my baby ready we r gonna queue too. How is the parking in Bentalls?