iPhone 5C/5S - Apple Store - Scottsdale Quarter (Scottsdale, AZ)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Yamisky0, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Yamisky0 macrumors member

Hey everyone,

I'm gonna be lining up with my buddy Joe for the iPhone 5S next Thursday night and just wanted to start a thread here in case anyone else will be joining us from the forum.

I've been here for quite a few launches - iPhone 5, iPad 3, and a couple others and they usually get wrapped around at least to Scottsdale Road.

I hope to see you all there!

2. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I may line up. Haven't decided yet if I want to wait that long in a line...

3. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Stores open at 8 am. I will come by at 6 and if there is a long line, I doubt I will wait.

I wonder if the AT&T stores will have them?

4. fatbits macrumors newbie

I haven't done one of these in Arizona before, is there an optimal arrival time at this location? Would getting there at 5 vs 6 make a difference? Is it pretty much hopeless if you're arriving after midnight?

5. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I have waited here before. I cannot recall if it was the 4s or the 5. The line wrapped around the building by the time the store opened. I got there 3-4 hours before it opened (it was opening at 1000 then) and there was a lot of people ahead of me. It took another couple of hours to get through the store and get out with my phone.

I love the hype and getting the phone on the first day, but I am not sure if I am up for waiting that long this time.

6. astral125 macrumors 6502

I have two friends I know are going... I haven't decided if I want to go or not yet... Maybe. I just wish they were doing the normal pre-order for the 5s.

7. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Whoever is going at midnight, want to save me spot in line?

:D

8. Yamisky0 thread starter macrumors member

I'll try, I'm going probably between 10-11 with a friend, but I know some people in line get antsy about line holders.

I usually go around 10pm to this location, my preferred Phoenix-area Apple store. For iPads that's gotten me front of line, for iPhones it gets me almost on Scottsdale Road. I've never seen an issue of them running out of ALL models for people in line at 8am, but I've seen them run out of specific models.

I've been interviewed every time I've lined up at this store and become the line "Mayor" as the knowledgeable expert and friendly guy that talks to everyone. I hope to continue the trend!

9. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

Have fun, Mayor of Scottsdale Quarter!

I just found out that since I have a biz acct, I cannot get my new phone in the Apple Store.

I doubt AT&T stores will have many, so I will most likely be ordering.

I have never waited overnight. Must be kinda fun. At least it is starting to cool off.

10. llicht, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

llicht macrumors newbie

Scottsdale Apple store 10:00pm tonight

I will be there at 10:00 PM I want a Gold and space Gray phone. I cannot sleep knowing I have to get up so I will just sit in line and wait. The weather should be nice and cool. I will be the one wearing the Red Big Bang Shirt BAZINGA

11. Yamisky0 thread starter macrumors member

I'll be wearing a striped button down shirt and slacks with a white belt, I'll probably be there closer to 10:30-11, because of a group I host that goes until 10. Unfortunately, my friend backed out, but hopefully some others join us and we can make some new ones!

I just called Scottsdale Quarter and theys aid they have no people lined up yet at the store, so hopefully it doesn't get started too early.

12. llicht macrumors newbie

Thanks Yamisky for the update. I would think it is to hot for people to line up this early. I think 10pm is a good time to be there. If there are people there I don't think there will be many. I am still up in the air about what the true demand is for this phone. The demand was very high for the IOS7 release but I am not sure it is as high for the phone.

13. Yamisky0 thread starter macrumors member

Eh, but the thing is it's 2 phones. That is something they have yet to do before and I think it will draw a larger crowd than previous years. In my experience, 10-12 is when the majority of the crowd shows up until about 4am, though. The supply constraints have me worried a little bit, but I hope my 9 hours of time spent there will allow me my choice of whichever model I do so choose.

14. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

In UK, EU and other countries, there has been long lines. On line, many are starting with "Ships 7-10 days".

I think the 5S is going to be in very short supply. Sounds like the Gold is the rarest.

You guys should be able to get what you want since it sounds like you will be at the front of the line. I am jealous. I have to get mine from my biz rep.

15. fatbits macrumors newbie

6 PM update: one woman in line. Security is setting up the line to go around the north side of the building.

16. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

17. Yamisky0 thread starter macrumors member

I'm in line wearing a striped button down shirt, slacks, and a hat.

We're wrapped around onto Scottsdale Road almost in front of H&M.

18. JPark macrumors 6502a

How did it go? What was the turn out like?

19. fatbits macrumors newbie

I got there around 8:15 pm and there were about 25 people in line. Arrivals seemed to taper off around midnight and I counted around 50 people in the line then. By the time they started handing out cards around 7 AM the line was much, much longer (every TV station was there so just search for video). There were hardly any gold phones available - the majority of available phones seemed to be the space gray ones.