iPhone 5C/5S Bristol Cribbs - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by jamets515, Sep 11, 2013.

1. jamets515 macrumors regular

Started the thread for this store last year and was third in line. Starting the thread again this year by the looks of it. So who's going to Cribbs Causeway?

Last year I did a few updates on the queue length using twitter @iP5Cribbs I will be doing the same again this year if anyone is planning to go. I didn't have many posts later in the morning as I was distracted by several herds of resellers that were trying to queue jump. I'm guessing there won't be quite as much of a mad dash this year.

I got a bit lost last year. I expected the queue to be around the front. It's actually round the back, upper level entrance by Photo-Me. Check this map of the Mall - the red triangle next to unit 102a is the entrance to queue at.

See you there :D

2. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Never queued at Cribbs before.
    Queue jumpers are a pain. Last year an Asian guy in front of me let his whole family join him 4 hours later with cash in their hands.
    I threatened to remove their balls if they didn't join the back of the queue like everyone else.

3. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

Cribbs was a ********** nightmare last year. Still managed to keep my place though. They made two lines last year for contract and pay/g. The contract queue was about 20 people, the pay/g queue was about 350 or more. Hard to keep the grin off your face as you walk back down the queue at 4 minutes past opening, new iPhone in hand.

4. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

Think I will stick with the Bath store then :)

5. uttamo macrumors member

What are your predictions for how long the queues will be this time round? This is my first time and I plan to buy an unlocked 5S. When do you think I should start queuing to get a phone within 30 mins of store opening?

6. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

Well if the queue grows at the same sort of rate as the iP5 one does you'll want to be there by about 4am.

7. uttamo macrumors member

Ah right. What if I turned up at 7.30am? When do you think I could get an iPhone?

8. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

Well at the rate people were being 'processed' last year and the length of the queue probably about 10.30/11am. They have the same amount of cards as they have stock so if you queue up and don't get a card then they don't have the stock. Saves you getting disappointed after waiting for hours on end.

9. uttamo macrumors member

I see, are you going to be queuing up? If so, what for? Thanks for the info, it helps.

10. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm definitely queuing up but not sure what I'll get at the moment. Last year I was set on a black iP5 but then around 3am loads of 'scuffgate' posts started cropping up ad I got the white/silver instead. I will probably go with a white 32GB again but I'm curious about the gold. I want to see it in person before I make a final decision.

11. gavinfabl macrumors regular

gavinfabl

I dont see long queues for any of the new iPhones. Just not as different really.

12. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

Well I'm hoping that because its the S release and the fact that Cribbs is harder to get to than Cabbot, the queue won't be too long.

13. ashley8bit macrumors member

I'm still contemplating cribbs over bath. Has anyone had experience of both?

14. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I have always queued up at Bath and its always been quite civilised apart from the Asians letting their family join them at 6am in the morning. I threatend them last year when a guy let his family jump in front of me after I had been queuing for hours and they relented.
    The only problem is that the forecast is for rain so be prepared to get wet

15. ashley8bit macrumors member

Maybe the rain will keep the crowds down. A bit of rain hasn't hurt anyone.

16. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

If you go stupid early (like me) because you have no life (like me) and never take your annual leave allowance (like me) because you save it for these special occasions that crop up periodically (erm... my co-workers think I'm weird... yeah), then right at the doors there is some cover from the rain. No cover from the temperature though!

I live in Cheltenham so the best options for me are Cabbot Circus, Cribbs or the Bullring. They're all pretty much the same distance. I've always chosen Cribbs because it's the hardest to get to so in theory a shorter queue.

The length of this thread compared to the ones for Cabbot and Bullring confirm this logic in my opinion. :cool:

17. ashley8bit macrumors member

I have a lot of annual leave too so thought why not. I'm thinking of getting there for 5 now. I'm just concerned it will be a waste of time.

18. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

5pm on Thursday or 5am on Friday?

I have a genius bar appointment in the afternoon to get a weird screen rubbing on my mother's mba sorted on Thursday. I'll have a look see if there is a queue and if not I'll do some shopping/grab a starbucks or something.

I'm not queuing stupid early. Maybe 7/8pm. I don't need to be first in line. I just want to be in and out in the first 20 minutes after opening.

19. ashley8bit macrumors member

AM Friday. I don't mind not being in and out. I can't get there much earlier than 5AM should I be worried.

20. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

If you get there at 5 am you will definitely get a phone. You might be waiting a while though. I'll do updates on the queue through twitter if you want to get an idea of how the queue's shaping up.

21. ashley8bit macrumors member

Cool I'll be following. My 4s has already been sold so will be going old school with twitter on a crappy wap enabled phone.

22. skiwil, Sep 18, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

skiwil macrumors member

I'll be getting there about 4ish. Didn't bother last year with getting it from apple. Turned up at 8am and walked straight in to carphone warehouse no queue and walked straight out with a sim free5.

Worried about stock constraints his year and to be honest it wasn't as much fun as being 3rd in line like I was for the 4s launch at Cribbs

Is the outside line still top floor on the side by John Lewis??

23. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

I assume so. It always has been afaik and it's where I'm going. It may well rain and there's not a lot of shelter. I hope I'm early enough to sit in the covered bit by the door.

24. uttamo macrumors member

When do you guys think is the latest someone can arrive and manage to walk out with a black 16GB 5s?

25. jamets515 thread starter macrumors regular

The stock they hold in store has varied so much on previous releases it's hard to say. I reckon there will be phones available even if you join the back of the queue at 9am. You probably won't get the colour/capacity you want though.