iPhone 5c & 5s - Buffalo,NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by The Tos, Sep 11, 2013.

1. The Tos macrumors 6502a

Anyone going out early on the 20th to wait in line? I will be out in Amherst. Anyone else in the surrounding areas?

2. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

I plan on going. I was hoping for a pre order but oh well. I already have the day off so why not.

How early does the Galleria let people in for this?

3. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am not sure about the Galleria. I have always just got to the Corporate Carrier stores. Last year I went to the Verizon on Military road near the Outlet Mall. I got there at like 12-1 and was there alone until about 3. I plan on getting to the Verizon on the blvd near starbucks around 3 this year.

Some of my friends go to the Galleria, they always say the lines are huge.

4. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

Has anyone bought one release day from Walmart before? With so many Walmarts around here at least one is bound to have them in stock.

5. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never have. I would call and inquire about how many iphone 5's they received last year on launch day. I did hear/read that walmart is offering the phones a little cheaper.

6. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

I waited in line for the 3G. I remember I got there around 6 and there were about 50 or so people in front of me. I'm debating on maybe trying to order online at 3 and get it a couple days later. I just need to get it before my Gazelle offer expires so we'll see.

7. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

so anyone going out in the Amherst area early Friday morning?

8. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

I "pre-ordered" from the Target on Niagara Falls, but I may go somewhere else just in case that doesn't work.

9. The Tos thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ive never been one to trust "pre-orders" from stores like that. ie Target, best buy, walmart. I am going to a verizon really early.

10. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

I figure I'll probably wait on line at Apple, and then if I get the call from Target just go there. That way I still try my best at Apple, but have a backup plan in case the line is really long.

11. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

As expected, Target didn't call me. I ended up going to the AT&T on Niagara Falls anyway, and even once the line was through they still had some 32GB black iPhones (which is what I got, they may have had others too).