iPhone 5C/5S Freehold Raceway Mall - Freehold, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Jsn0605, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Jsn0605 macrumors newbie

I'll be there for a Gold 5S (16GB or 32GB haven't decided yet). I wasn' t there last year for the 5, I was there for the 4S and waited in line for literally 10 hours to get it.

I'm planning on being there like 3-4am at the very latest. For the 4S release the people were lining up outside of the mall around back by the lower level food court entrance. Apple Store opens at 8am, I believe they let us in the mall around 7am to line up outside of the store. Trying to be in and out ASAP.

Will anyone here be there? What time do you plan on going? What iPhone are you getting?

2. streetskooler macrumors member

this is the closest store to my house but it's still about an hour. I was at the mall a few days ago and the woman at the apple store said they get a line in the AM but they haven't sold out in years and always have extras. She said she wouldn't bother getting up early because it's not worth it. People show up at 1pm and get what they want.

However there's no preordering this year so things might be different. Can't decided on whether I'll try it at 3am online or show up at the apple store around 9. I just don't want to wait in line for 5 hours. I've done it before for other stuff but just can't see myself doing it this friday. Eh, so we'll see how it goes. I would be curious to know what time people plan on getting there though.

3. lienhart macrumors 6502

lienhart

The malls about 10 minutes from my house so it will be my first stop for sure, first trying the Verizon store, then Apple if they don't have it. Luckily there's so many Verizon stores around so I don't think stock will be an issue. Absolutely prefer the 5S in gold 32gb, but will take a white 32gb if I have no other choice. I'm gonna have to get there a little late (like 5PM) so I'm just gonna call all sorrounding stores to make sure they have stock left before I start driving all night!

4. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

last year the iPhone 5 line wasn't to bad but i was there pretty early also, I'll probably drop by around 4 - 6 am depending on how much i really want it haha. I want to get gold but im just not sure, thinking about asking for a silver and a gold and ill see if i can take a glance as they ring me up and choose on the spot.

5. cestlavie9 macrumors newbie

iPhone 5C/5S Freehold Raceway Mall - Freehold, NJ

I plan on going to this mall for the 5s in gold. I also heard that the demand for the new iPhones will be harder to meet this time around and almost impossible to get a gold one right away unless you wait in line. I don't mind waiting in line for a while but I want to make sure I lock in a gold one. What do people think about waiting from 1-2am? Is it necessary? anyway I'm waiting in line for sure. let me know if anyone plans on doing the same.

6. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

that might be a little too early, like I said, i don't think getting there any earlier than 4am would be worth your time though.

7. cestlavie9 macrumors newbie

Limited to NO gold iPhones on launch day??

Did anyone get confirmation from this store that they will carry the gold iPhones for the launch? Im hearing that it will be extremely hard to get a gold or even a white one tomorrow.

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

actually there is a high chance if you make a line you won't get any of the white options... it all depends on your store. GL

9. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

10. streetskooler macrumors member

Does anyone know which entrance does line queue start at?

11. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Stock and line updates when available please :cool:.

12. Jsn0605 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm in line outside at the moment. Line is outside back lower level food court. In hoping to get a hold and it seems like a lot of other people are too. The line outside is for Apple as well as all of the phone carriers. Apple employed came outside about 15 minutes ago. They are letting us inside the mall to defrost at 6am. This is also when the line will split up based on where people are going to get their phone. Apple and carriers open at 8am. No word on stock yet, I don't think stock will be a problem at the Apple store at this point.

13. Greg1103 macrumors newbie

14. Jsn0605, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013

Jsn0605 thread starter macrumors newbie

About 100 people in line. I'm in the middle at the moment. The line isn't bad at all for this time. I've been in line since 3:15am. Also considering not everyone is in line for the Apple store.

15. Jsn0605 thread starter macrumors newbie

In a few minutes they are going to be handing out cards for the iPhones that they have for sale.

16. orange42 macrumors 6502a

Anyone have any updates for the Freehold store?

17. Joey225 macrumors member

I got mine at about 9:30am, the line was still long. 32GB AT&T Space Gray. I don't know how it is there now. The golds were announced as sold out within minutes, silvers were gone by 8:20 or so.