iPhone 5c/5s - Los Angeles (Westside)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by whiteshadoww, Sep 12, 2013.

1. whiteshadoww macrumors 6502

What are people in this area planning as their strategy? Century City Apple store? Santa Monica Apple store? Carrier stores?

Anyone think one can walk up to an Apple Store around 11 and quickly pick up a black 5s 64gig?

2. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

you think the carrier stores will have stock?

I was thinking about trying to order online at midnight and then seeing if I can do a in-store pick up, or possibly just having it shipped.

3. HardHatMac9 macrumors regular

The largest one is Santa Monica, right? Might be the best bet, but others may be banking on the same thing. I always go to the Apple Store given they tend to have their act together and more supply than the carrier stores.

4. axisofphilippe macrumors member

axisofphilippe

I usually go to Santa Monica but was thinking about trying Century City this year. Hopefully I'll see Woz.

Was gonna get there around 3AM but now I'm thinking midnight? I really don't want to get there at midnight...

5. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

What about The Grove Apple Store? I thought that was a considered a flagship store (and hence might have the most stock)?

----------

Is Woz known to be at the Century City store?

6. whiteshadoww thread starter macrumors 6502

Santa Monica may be the largest one but all the fellow geeks works nearby - may be too convenient for them. If the no pre-order strategy is to funnel foot traffic to the Apple Stores, I wonder how limited the supple at AT&T and Verizon stores will be.

I really have no idea what to expect - an "ehh" reaction and no lines or mass hysteria.

7. mugwump macrumors regular

Meh, I'm not thinking it's going to be too crazy. I've owned many of the versions all purchased on opening days, and this one seems more subdued. It's not like people are going to miss work for this one.

8. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

I am thinking about going to sherman oaks... any experience with that. I really need a 64gb prefer the gray or white / gold. I wasn't planning on going until like 6am but now I am thinking I have to get there between 12-3am. I really don't want to but my power button broke a few days ago and need to purchase the phone before I spend the money. Also does anyone know will I have trouble upgrading the phone if the account is in my dads name. I forgot how I did it previous years. I forgot if i need to give them account password or what.

9. Ted S macrumors newbie

Up in LA for the week and looking at heading to Century City for a 5s.

Anyone else planning on showing up? If so, how early?

Or, for those who have done it before at this store, how's the wait mid-morning?

10. axisofphilippe macrumors member

axisofphilippe

I'm planning on going to Century City, will probably show up around 3AM.

11. 24thletter macrumors newbie

Is anyone thinking about lining up at the Beverly Center Apple Store? Or would it just be best to head out to Santa Monica.

12. shannonleonard macrumors newbie

the santa monica 5s shipment is constrained, only black 16 and 32. Lots of 5c.

13. axisofphilippe macrumors member

axisofphilippe

How do you know?

14. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

Wondering if it's better to head to a bigger store (like The Grove or Santa Monica) or smaller stores (like Century City).

The bigger stores will probably have more inventory but longer lines. And the smaller stores will probably have less inventory but shorter lines.

Thoughts? Where are you guys going?

15. Ted S macrumors newbie

I've always done online orders so no idea on inventory but my thinking was to get to places where less people are likely to line up. Obviously Century City is near UCLA but I don't see the Beverley Hills crowd rushing in while Santa Monica has SMC and all of the tech employees to contend with.

With all the talk of the shortages and the lack of pre-orders it could be insane... or wander in line free at 10. But who knows.

16. HardHatMac9 macrumors regular

Any thoughts on if they will be replenishing stock on Saturday (day after launch) as well?

17. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

jeez so no stores seem to be getting the 64 . It is really stupid people have lives they should make it clear so people don't waste 12 hours. I don't want a 16 or a 32. I dunno where to go now.

18. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

19. 24thletter macrumors newbie

Just left the Beverly Center and I'm going to take my chances over here. Employees anticipate relatively smaller lines than other stores in the surrounding areas.

20. shannonleonard macrumors newbie

Quote:
    the santa monica 5s shipment is constrained, only black 16 and 32. Lots of 5c.
    ----
    axisofphilippe: How do you know?

----

lets just say I have a close friend who is familiar with the matter

21. enthawizeguy macrumors 6502

hmm

----------

my phone is broken i don't wanna wait 10 days... i guess ill just take my chance waiting in line.

22. itsvdiddy macrumors member

I was thinking the same thing. However I have AT&T and was thinking of hitting up that AT&T store right down the street on Beverly. My only question is which one will more likely have the 64GB Slate? I don't wanna wait in line if they don't have it in stock at all.

The Grove is supposedly the flagship store but there's usually a super long line for that one.

----------

Im going to go around 3AM and checkout the Grove (driving through on 3rd street) and then AT&T on Beverly/La Cienga and then Apple Beverly Center. I'll try to give updates/photos on lines.

----------

So even the apple store might not even have a 64gb? :eek:

23. Ted S macrumors newbie

Given how close it the stores are to each other, regular updates sound like a great plan... why wait hours if someone else finds an empty spot? :D

I'm still planning on Century City, although I may try a bit later than 3 as I'm just aiming for a basic 16gb black model.

24. skywavesli macrumors regular

skywavesli

Good idea.

Does Century City allow lines that early? Have you checked it out yet?

By the way, Apple store employee told me the 16GB models tend to go first.