iPhone 5C/5S - Ross Park Mall - Pittsburgh, PA

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by kaneda42, Sep 17, 2013.

1. kaneda42 macrumors newbie

Is anyone planning to go to Ross Park Mall on Friday? Has anyone gone to a launch at this mall before? Is there a specific place that the line starts?

2. Jeff3f macrumors member

I'm probably going to try going in, but not too early. It's in a mall, and I have no idea even which door is the closest one...

3. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

Hello! Ya thats the problem with these things in a mall. Never know which door to goto. My recommendation is try and find out either from talking to the Apple Store manager or mall security which door to wait at.

4. Jeff3f macrumors member

they don't appear to know...they're planning not to engage the line until 8, but they're (apple store folks) are planning to arrive 7-ish. (edited to add--I just called the store)

this is my first iphone launch at this store--I usually go to Shadyside in the past (last time was for 4S). I assume this will be busy because there aren't enough phones, more-so than usual. and gold is best. best. best. best. (I love that video)

anyone else ever do the launch thing at Ross Park mall?

5. Jeff3f macrumors member

Ross Park Mall report...

I was 5th in line, showed up at 4:30. There were overnight campers but security shooed them away at 3. Apple showed up at 6ish to tell us how it would work. At 7 they announced NO gold, and started working the lines.