iPhone 5c/5s Southlake, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by eric_n_dfw, Sep 18, 2013.

1. eric_n_dfw macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

I'm planning on ordering online if I can, but will go to the Southlake store if the line is not too horrendous and either cancel the online order or return it upon receipt (or maybe sell it if lucrative)

Anyone been by the store today, I'd assume the line hasn't started yet.

2. thesaint580 macrumors member

I went by the store yesterday evening and there was no line.

3. eric_n_dfw thread starter macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

Just drove by the store and there are 3 or 4 people queued up outside.

4. eric_n_dfw thread starter macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

I ordered mine online (had to go through AT&T's site :/ ) so I won't be braving the line. Hope anyone there is keeping dry; the rain last night was pretty strong.

5. eric_n_dfw thread starter macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

Am about 100th in line. They are telling us they are already out of silver and gold. Line is probably about 120 ttl

6. eric_n_dfw thread starter macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

Almost to the door now. Have my card for a 32gb AT&T gray.

Glad I'm here though, the one I ordered from AT&T online now has a predicted delivery date of October 21 to 30!

----------

Line behind me has grown, can't see the end do at least 75 people I'd guess.

7. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Love this forum...you just saved me a "curiousity cruise by" at the Southlake Store. Ordered online at 2am but would really like my 5s today. That's obviously not going to happen!

8. eric_n_dfw thread starter macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

Ended up leaving with my new phone around 10:20am. Glad I did too because AT&T now has the one I ordered at 2:15am as shipping between October 21 and 30!!! I called them to cancel it but they can't because it's "in progress". Have to deny the shipment when it gets to my house and wait for a refund. :mad:

9. mantan macrumors 68000

Are they only handling S sales right now? I was hoping to swing by to get a C case...but understand if all hands are on activations right now.....

10. eric_n_dfw thread starter macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

When I was there, several people walked up to buy other things and were let right in. (Macbook power supply, cases, etc...) Basically, if you want a phone, you get a card for the model you want and wait in line - once in the store, if you don't have a card, no phone for you.

Oh, and they were limiting 2 5s cards per visit, 10 5c's - if you wanted more you had to go back afterward and go through the line again. Maximum 5s's per account was 10 (if you wanted to go through the line 5 times)