iPhone 5c/5s - Stonebriar Mall - Frisco, TX

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Icculus, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Icculus macrumors 6502

Anyone planning on hitting up this store? I am looking for some cool people to chill with as my brother, who I usually go with, is not going this time (no subsidy available for him.) So was wondering who all is hitting up this store, what time you going and really just looking to meet new friends and have a good time hanging out before the store opens.

2. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Hey! I'm in the same area, but will likely be trying the mall closer to my office (Willow Bend)....

How are the lines there? When do you normally arrive?

I'm planning on getting to Willow Bend at 6am-ish.....doesn't seem like an overly busy mall and I'm hoping I'll have better luck there getting "in-and-out" than I would at Stonebriar.....

3. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

Stonebriar lines can get really long, for the ipad 2 it was insanity and I was there all day (since it went onsale at 5pm). I haven't ever gone to get an iPhone there so not sure who its going to be.

I am betting 6am would be a good bet at either store.

Hearing rumors of tight supply, so thats putting me in a panic. Joy.

4. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Ya...ehh. Not too worried. I remember going to Willow Bend later that day (the iPhone 5 release date) and they had TONS of them sitting on the tables.

Crossing my fingers I guess......

5. ResCommunis, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2013

ResCommunis macrumors newbie

Do you guys know where else in Frisco, Plano, or Richardson where they could be selling them? BestBuy, Radioshack, Walmart, Cellular Provider's Store, etc.?

Also, near what doors do you camp (obviously it's a mall) at Stonebriar and Willow Bend?

Edit: Icculus, I'd hang out with you, but I'm not exactly sold on going to Stonebriar. I don't want to gamble on going early that same morning either.

6. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

Well this is just my .02 and I could be TOTALLY off base here, but it sounds like the shipments for the 5s are tight, so I am sticking to an apple store because in the past places like BB, Radioshack, etc don't get very many and I would be nervous of that. So I am going to stick with stonebriar and I have never been there before the mall opens so I have no clue where people are going to be lining up...maybe they will let everyone in early. Dunno.

7. ResCommunis macrumors newbie

Yeah, I think it will be best to stick with the Apple Stores on this release.

I'm going to end up calling the mall and asking about it too. I'm planning on getting there the night before though.

8. dilbaggins macrumors member

Anyone know if there will be any iPhones left if I wait till 2-3 hours after the Apple store opens?

9. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

Really good question and I am only able to get to the apple store right at 8am due to taking kids to school, and I am worried I won't find silver/white in 32gb. So I wish you the best, but call the store first before leaving to save you sometime.

I give myself props for the worst response to an honest question. :)

10. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

AFter reading accounts from last year at Willow Bend, I'm rethinking my strategy. Might need to get there FAR earlier than I had anticipated.....

Anyone else gone there in the past or plan to hit that store up?

11. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I camped over night last year at Willowbend. It was a fun time met a bunch of people. I arrived around 6:00pm the night before and was about number 20 in line. At about 4am I think there was around 100.

I'm curious if the stores will have unlocked/contract free phones on launch day.

12. jakebathman macrumors newbie

I'm planning to get to the store around 3 or 4. I know I won't beat the night before crowd, but I want to get ahead of the morning-of crowd.

But I'm still not decided if I'll go to Willow Bend or Stonebriar. It's a tough call....

13. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

I don't know what Stonebriar's policy is for waiting on property. Willowbend allows it. Last year we waited at the mall entrance by Dillards in the parking garage. The area to the left of the food court.

14. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

I know this is a probably uncool to ask of anyone but I have 2 kids I have to get to school Friday morning but is there anyway I could get anyone to save me a spot in line? I will bring $$$, Starbucks, donuts. I really hate to ask but really want this iPhone launch day and if I didn't have kids I would be there the night before. Still trying to see if my wife can go in later that day so this is a non-issue and I am totally expect this not to be a cool thing to do and not happen so please don't flame me for asking. Thanks.

15. jakebathman macrumors newbie

I'd save you a spot in line if the people behind me tomorrow morning would be okay with it. But somehow I don't think everyone would ...

So who's going to Willow Bend tomorrow morning or tonight? I've decided that's where I'll go, early tomorrow morning.

16. eric_n_dfw macrumors 65816

eric_n_dfw

Depends on how many doughnuts he/she brings I guess! ;)

17. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

Donuts are cheap, I can bring a lot!

If I was in line for several hours and a guy jumped in line at the last minute it would kind of irk me, so I totally get it. Just bummed that I will be hitting the store at 8am, and really wondering what my chances are at that point....

18. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

Well, it looks like I'll be bringing a lawn chair and my GRE study materials and pulling an all-nighter at Willow Bend!

I'll check to see if anyone is waiting when I leave work (around 5pm). If there's already a line forming I'll book it home, change, pack my stuff and get back there.

I'd much rather wait overnight than spend a majority of my Friday in line (when I'm supposed to be working). We'll see what my wife thinks :p

19. Wirk macrumors newbie

Any word on a line forming at stone briar or willow bend yet? I'll be at one of them early morning tomorrow and I'll update.

20. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

I am really curious to hear about the stonebriar line as thats where I am heading at the WORST possible time...8am tomorrow.

Already setting myself up for failure on this launch I am afraid...

21. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I'll be headed to Willow Bend in the next few hours. I'll log on to MR and post updates to this thread as there isn't a Willow Bend specific one.

Here's some reading material while we all wait in line - made me EXTREMELY giddy about the 5S!

Sorry Icc, probably best if you don't read it :eek:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7335/the-iphone-5s-review

22. Icculus thread starter macrumors 6502

I really hope everyone gets what they want tomorrow, because after reading that the white phone seems to be very hard to come by I am opting out of standing in line (wouldn't have worked anyway getting there at 8am) and ordering my iPhone 32gb white/silver on Apple.com at 2am. GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

23. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Good luck! Prepare your clicking finger...

24. iRebound macrumors regular

Go stand in line now. Then in the morning go pick up your kids and drop them off. Everyone should be okay with that.

Once you come back just get back in the same spot.

25. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

At Willow Bend right now and the 7th person of 8 sitting here right now.

Security apparently has already been by to say no camping and was sent to talk to Apple. Here they come again......

And we're good.