iPhone 5C & 5S - Trinity Leeds - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by DavidWildJnr, Sep 11, 2013.

1. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

Anybody planning to queue at the new store in Leeds?

2. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

Yes although not sure at what time. Was planning around 5-6am but got a feeling this might be too late.

As long as it's no where near like the near death experience that was th eiPhone 5 launch at the Trafford Centre last year. lol

3. aamirmir macrumors newbie

Ill be queuing from about 6ish. i reckon due to no online orders it will be busy. same the busses dont run earlier.

4. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

With this being the first product launch at Trinity, will be interesting to see how they play it. I've heard the store is opening at 8am rather than the usual 9am.

I've tweeted the centre to ask if we can queue inside as a few people have said there's no gates on the entrances with it being an 'open' centre but I'm not so sure.

Will publish any info as I get it on here and be good if others do same around what time they're planning on getting there, best place to park etc. If anyone wants to get in touch on Twitter, I've got the same user name as on here.

Ta.

5. dahuk macrumors newbie

Opening

Yeah the Apple stores will be opening at 8AM so as long as we get there early enough we should get one. :D

6. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

Update: Trinity Leeds have been in touch with me on Twitter and are due to have a meeting with the Apple store on Monday and will let us know about launch day arrangements next week.

The centre shutters are closed between 1.30am and 6am but they have made exceptions before and will hopefully do the same for those queuing for the iPhone.

7. DavidWildJnr thread starter macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

Just for info. The Trafford Centre and The Arndale are both operated by the same company (Intu). - Scratch that wrong page.

8. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

I'm planning on being there Friday morning bright and early.

9. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

What time are you planning mate? I was think 4-5am. Hoping it won't be too busy with it being a city centre store with no free parking etc.

Had a twitter response from the Trinity Leeds account that confirmed the store will open at 8am and the centre itself will open at 6am. Queening will be on the Boar lane entrance only and the Apple store staff will be operating a ticketing system.

Hopefully sounds like it'll be well organised. As long as I get my gold 32gb 5s, I'll be a happy bunny :)

10. Youngie macrumors newbie

im hoping to join the q around 5am - need that gold iphone ;-) sold my 5 and been rockin a nokia 8310 for a week - its killing me :)

11. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

Lol. I've got a HTC One which is slightly better than that Nokia :)

At least weather looks to be better than today and yes, it's gotta be gold.

12. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

There's a few people queuing already. I'm heading there around 5ish I think.

13. Charlotte2013 macrumors newbie

What does the line look like?

Hi guys

What does the line look like right now?... I'm getting a little nervous but all I want is the 16GB 5S, so there should be enough Apple love to go around (at least in the early hours)!

Your replies are *much* appreciated.

/Charlotte

14. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502

Totalkharnage

At a trinity Leeds now (1am) and there's about 35 people here so not looking too bad. We're about 20th in the queue and so far, not many scalpels.

Security guards from the centre are here until around 1.30ish when the centre closes and Apple staff will come at 5.30 to start managing the queue.

Even better, I'm close enough to get the Apple store wifi.

Any questions, hit me up on Twitter - username @Totalkharnage

15. Charlotte2013 macrumors newbie