iPhone 5C and S as fashion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TallManNY, Sep 11, 2013.

1. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

As you all know, iPhone users are constantly said to be fashion conscious and status conscious and just buying the phone because it is cool. Now I disagree with that. At least in the US is tremendously common phone and I don't think there is anything cool about it. But it is functional and other phones look clunky and dysfunctional in comparison.

But with the bold colors coming out, is this going to be the phone where some folks buy it for multiple colors? I mean really as a fashion statement. Obviously this would have to be a pretty wealthy person (or someone frivolous with their money). But are folks going to have to have a "fun" green one and then an "elegant" silver one formal occasions?

I think we might see that during the next year.

Does anyone know of folks who are doing something similar now?

2. hillbilly181 macrumors member

kids, non-techie house wives, young college kids are gonna get the plastic 5c in the color they like. geeks, dudes texting on the sidewalk in full suit, status conscious, are gonna roll with the 5s. you can't be a man in a suit in public holding a white on black 5c. you need that black aluminum

as for buying two phones for different uses, a classy and a common phone, thats a sad way of getting *****, but i guess money is the 2nd best way to acquire

3. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

let the marginalizing of iPhone 5C buyers begin!

4. TallManNY thread starter macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I think a lot of folks are going to get the 5C unless in practice the fingerprint sensor is really nearly perfect and becomes a must have item. The 5C has two things going for it, the cheaper price and the plastic colorful case. Really plastic is better at shock absorbing than aluminum or glass. I go "naked" with my iphone 5, but I do so with a little bit of concern. I'd have no concern if it were plastic. It would be just like it never once occurred to me to put my blackberries or any cell phone I've ever had outside of iPhones in a case. I like the metal and glass structures as a luxury high end device. But I recognize it as less than ideal for something that gets dropped and is innately delicate.