iPhone 5C is awesome

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Anti-Lucifer, Sep 22, 2013.

1. Anti-Lucifer macrumors 6502a

Wow, saw it and held it for the first time since release and I took my iPhone 5 32GB white flopped it down on table asked the genius to trade it in for a Blue iPhone 5C 32GB.

Everything about it is just great. Sure it's plastic but somehow, in some way, it is superior to the iPhone 5's body. It just has that "just use me feel" while the iPhone 5 is like, "baby the F out of me".

If i wasn't offered a mere $208 for a 32GB White mint iPHone 5, I would've said yes to the unlocked 5C. Too bad, I'm not going to take this kind of hit on the 5. If they would've offered me $308, I would've just bought the unlocked 5C on the spot.

I also tried the champagne 5S which looks terrible in their in-store lighting - you can't tell it apart from silver as much. The gold is just like faded gold; the camera slo-mo is sweeeeet - but everything else including the fingerprint sensor is meh and to be honest, surfing on the 5S is just like my 5 so that was the deal breaker - I expected desktop performance but we aren't close enough yet.

iPhone 6 will be the one to get!

2. KPOM macrumors G5

Is it unlocked? I'm sure in a private sale you can get more than $308 for it. It's good to hear some positive thoughts about the 5c.

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Why not just sell your 5 and buy the 5C if you love it that much? :confused:

4. Anti-Lucifer thread starter macrumors 6502a

well, my 5 is tied to Verizon still and not factory unlocked, however.

The problem is with amazon/gazelle and the like: they will give me $320 (up to this price) but then the 5C is priced at nearly $100-$150 more than apple! WTF??

I think if I really want it, I'd do the $208 at apple get it over with. The only issue is the money - if I really want to shell out additional $480 after taxes for another identical albeit improved iphone 5C.

I might as well just keep this phone, pay that offset difference for an upcoming ipad mini retina!

I did knock the 5C when it was introduced but having seen and felt in person, my my, it is a very ver nice phone indeed. The lacquer finish really does it justice because it's like even if you scratch it somehow, you can't really see it. The iPhone 5 is so premium, i end up covering it up with a case or without a case I end up babying it worse than a newborn baby.

5. nickftw8686 macrumors regular

As a blue 32gb 5c owner as of today I agree it is a very nice device and feels great in hand

6. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I think a lot of people underestimated what the 5c could bring. Again, Apple produces a quality product when the masses doubt them.

My opinion of course.

With that said, I'm waiting on my Space Gray to come in.

7. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

It's a great phone guys. It does not feel cheap at all. If I didn't have a 5, I'd get the 5C over the 5S. :cool:

8. wxman2003 Suspended

Umm, the Verizon iphone 5 is unlocked from the start. Has nothing to do with contract. You could have got $450 for it.

9. CEmajr macrumors 601

Your 5 is already unlocked out of the box on Verizon. They're going for $400-450 on ebay easily.

10. MN7119 macrumors regular

$549 for an unlocked 5C???? No, tks!!!! For $100 more I get the top of the line and unlocked. 5C could be an amazing phone at around $349 unlocked but Apple really screwed up by pricing it so high.