iPhone 5c just bought/thoughts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Serban, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Serban Suspended

Lets start this for everyone who got the new iphone 5c, guessing from today/tomorrow some of us will get it, like iPhone 5 last year, some people were lucky to receive it 1-2 days earlier

Don't forget photos to upload here :D

2. rjkgr macrumors regular

I dont think that many are going to buy it because it doesnt have that many more perks than the iPhone 5 and only better is it has it in different colors? and what color did you get.. no offense.

3. Serban thread starter Suspended

4. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I plan to pick one up in the not too distant future as a backup to my 5S.

I'll be getting Green :D

5. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Don't jump to conclusions. I'm upgrading from a 4S and my wife is upgrading from a 4; we're both getting the 5c (me yellow, she blue.) I just don't need the power of the 5s and I think the 5c looks more enjoyable to hold - like the old 3G. And, to be honest, it looks fun.

I ordered ours at 12:30 am on the 13th, but I haven't seen any progress on our orders. They're still "processing items." Can't imagine that they'll actually show up early, but I wouldn't complain.

6. in4fun, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

in4fun macrumors regular

I ordered the white model to use 'naked' (without cover) and really looking forward to it. I would have taken the green model if it would be just for home use - but since I use it in a professional business setting white is a fair compromise.

Imho it's the first 'real' iPhone by design since model 3. The brick shape turned me off from the beginning and the fancy glass and aluminum isn't going to make me forget about it's major design flaws. Plus - alu & glass just doesn't feel comfortable in my hands otherwise I would have installed glass & alu handles on my bike (turns out I prefer rubber handles for some reason).
    But what really blew me away was the built in fingerprint sensor - it's simply idiotic in todays times and makes me wonder if Apple is following current news at all.

****off topic****
    Oh - these days when Steve was still around this would have never happened. He always defended Apple devices against gov spying and just 6 weeks after Steve passed - Apple signed a paper to give the gov whatever they want about iPhone/Mac users. Now after Apple sold it's soul they come up with a fingerprint sensor - Steve would turn in his grave.
    ****back on topic****

I'm also a little bit disappointed that I get last years chip at this price point without an option to upgrade. I don't buy this phone because I'm on a budget and I would have paid the 5s price if they would have given me the new chip in the 5c. Nevertheless considering all the options that truly matter to me - the 5c is my fav model out of all of them.

On a sad note, I read some other (early) posts where people really liked the look of the 5c and were thinking to preorder. After they got bashed by a couple other users for wasting money on a cheap looking device they changed their minds immediatley to preorder the 5s. I was stunned to witness such low self esteem. Do I choose a phone to enjoy it for myself or do I select a phone to get approval from peers/strangers? Instead why not be proud of yourself that you evolved beyond the age of displaying status symbols, finally being mature enough to "think different" and making decisions based on your own logic and gut feeling.

In this spirit - to all new 5c owners - enjoy your new iPhone - I know I will :)

7. tkmcguire1 macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

I ordered the 16gb blue 5c
    At around 12:15 am pst on the 13th
    Mine is still processing
    I am coming from a 5,for the longest time I wanted an iPhone in colors,so I am very excited!
    ;)

8. FlatlinerG macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

I would jump at the chance to get a white 5c in a heartbeat if it had any features over my current iPhone 5. How do you justify a $600 purchase to the Mrs. if all you can show her is how good the color looks?

IMO, the 5c is the best design since the 3G/3GS days and I drool at the thought of it having the 5s features/internals.

If I could make Apple do one thing, it would be to drop the 5s and put all of its guts into the 5c and keep the price of the 5c.

9. tkmcguire1 macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

Amen to That!

People seem to forget about the 3G 3GS being plastic,no one ever said then Oh My God it's a "Plastic" iPhone! I too did not like the brick shape of the i5 not to mention it scuffed and scratched like crazy!
    For the longest time I wanted iPhones that looked like the itouches.
    And apple has never made a cheap feeling product.
    All the reviews of the 5c so far say it's very high quality built and feels like ceramic.
    I am very excited to receive my blue 5c:p

10. in4fun, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013

in4fun macrumors regular

you're not alone on this one - thumbs up !

11. tkmcguire1 macrumors 6502

tkmcguire1

12. Lancetx macrumors 68000

Lancetx

My girlfriend had been hanging on to her aging 3GS because she wanted a plastic iPhone due to the durability. So when Apple announced the 5c, she pre-ordered one on Friday. The 5c will sell just fine and some people out there actually prefer the plastic believe it or not despite what the haters may say.

13. Serban thread starter Suspended

i hear that today some people just got the cases for iphone 5c so...the phone to some lucky persons will be on their hands within hours-1 day at max

14. GRANTCKING macrumors member

was going to buy the 5c, but we're getting raped in the uk, £469 is too much, currenty using a 3gs lol, will prob just spend £80 more and get the 5s, although I do see the 5c in usa is about £100 cheaer than the uk, if I knew someone going to usa and they bought me one, would I have any problems using it with a uk sim card?

15. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Not everyone has the vision to see what could be the future of the electronics world.

No shame in that.

Glad you enjoy your 5c nonetheless! :)

16. in4fun macrumors regular

******off topic reply*******

Well my vision is sufficient enough to imagine the following scenario:

Dear Sir XXXXX, please report immediately to your closest police station for an interview. You're cell phone was logged within the relevant time frame in direct vicinity of a crime scene.

"But your honor, it wasn't me carrying the phone at this time."
    "Yes it was. You provided the proof yourself when you confirmed your identity via fingerprint while checking your emails 1 min before you passed this location."
    "Well, I was there because I had a romantic date no one was supposed to know about.....it's certainly none of the govs business"
    "The gov has the right to know your every move. And in the future, we also like you to provide solid evidence for all of your logged locations."

And this is only my very limited vision of the future. Orwell couldn't even predict how sick 2013 would be.

*****end of off topic reply*****

17. rjkgr macrumors regular

Well then congrats! and nice yellow my favorite color! and for the price you cant go wrong! and hope you enjoy the iphone 5C and when you get it tell me about it

18. malnar macrumors 6502a

malnar

Got a UPS email notification earlier today that said I had a package from Apple due to be delivered 9/18. Finally got a chance to log in and see that it has been changed to "9/20 end of day." Doesn't Apple usually ship Fedex? I had been counting on that since Fedex always delivers in my area early morning, and UPS, well, "end of day" isn't a generalization. It's usually 6, 7, sometimes 8pm. And, of course, this is the weekend where our daughter has a softball game Friday night at 8. Anyone know if UPS demands a signature like Fedex does for Apple shipments?

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes, they ask for a signature. It's pretty obvious it's an iPhone and they flag shipments like that.

20. vespagirl macrumors member

vespagirl

I read the side-by-side comparison and the very short list of items missing on the 5c vs 5s is enough to justify that 5c over the 5s.

Fingerprint sensor - yeah, it's cool, but doesn't make that strong of a case for me personally.
    Auto stabilization - same.
    Burst mode - that's what I have a digital camera for.
    Slow motion video - again, I use my phone for calls, email, text, and apps. The camera is just an added bonus on the fly. My current 5 is like a new phone with the upgrade. I would be getting a 5s purely for the finerprint sensor.

The 5c, on the other hand, is getting rave reviews from the tech publications, I love the pop of color, and polycarbonate sounds GREAT to me. Any 5c shaming is uncalled for - get what you like, get what you will enjoy, and let the critics and shamers go kick rocks.

21. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502

Agree!6