Carrier iPhone 5c locked to Sprint; will need a Sprint Nano SIM Card in Germany

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DannyZZ, Aug 24, 2016.

1. DannyZZ macrumors newbie

Hi everybody

Could someone point me in the direction of where or how I could get a Sprint Nano SIM Card in Germany for my iPhone locked to US Sprint. I bought the iPhone recently 2nd hand and I would like to use it in Germany. It didn't come with a SIM (which didn't bother me at the time of purchasing because the seller told me it was locked to AT&T, which unfortunately is not the case).
    I need a Sprint Nano SIM Card, even if it is inactive, in order to activate my phone. Sprint or Amazon (US) don't ship to Germany. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Danny

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Danny even if you find a sprint sim and activate it you still will not be able to use any other carriers SIM card on that phone.
    It's obviously locked to sprint and activating it will just let you into the home screen to connect to wifi and play with apps.
    Activating is not unlocking.

3. DannyZZ thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Applejuiced

Thanks for your reply. I'm aware of the difference between activating and unlocking. For my purposes, I'm looking for a Sprint SIM to activate my phone. So my question remains, where can I get a Sprint SIM in Germany?

Cheers
    Danny

4. RedOrchestra Suspended

Reality is, you're NOT likely to find a Sprint SIM card in Germany ... you'll need US friends who can send you one?

OR see if you can find an expat social media site, in Germany, that you can post to and ask around.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Go to eBay and purchase a sprint sim.
    It shouldn't cost more than $2-3.