iPhone 5c loose screen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by trevorikrath, Sep 26, 2013.

1. trevorikrath macrumors newbie

I bought a 5c last weekend and it seems like the screen is a little loose? If I apply a bit of pressure it feels like there's a small give to it, and sometimes it even noticeably "pops" or depresses. I was just wondering if anyone else here has noticed a similar problem in theirs, or if this is just part of the phone's design. Is this worth taking to the Genius Bar?

2. dspalton macrumors 6502a

The 5C is readily available so my suggestion would be Genius Bar appointment and get a replacement

3. Lauzzy macrumors newbie

Hey this happened to me too! Is it happening on the right hand side? Take it back ASAP. I did with mine yesterday and they replaced it!

I didnt even need a genius bar appointment

4. MH01 macrumors G4

MH01

Don't even hesitate and get it replaced. I have had every generation iPhone and none had a loose screen.

5. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

6. Mandz4 macrumors newbie

Mine does it too on the left side. It's so annoying. I tried replacing it within the first 14 days of having my phone to my carrier (tmobile) and they looked at me like I was an idiot and said there's nothing wrong with the phone and they won't replace it. Will Apple be the same way? I hope they can Atleast just take a look cause it's on the left side and if pressed on, makes a pop sound as if it's coming off its adhesive underneath.

7. scottish macrumors 6502a

Apple will replace it.

8. Oasismad macrumors newbie

You should have threatened to cancel your contract.

9. aeiron macrumors member

My 5S had the same problem when it got a little warm from use. The top left corner was clicking. Stopped when it was was room temp again, but I had it exchanged anyways.