iPhone 5c Microphone doesn't work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scoobydoo99, Sep 29, 2013.

1. scoobydoo99 macrumors 6502a

It wasn't long after I got my iPhone 5c that people I talk to started complaining that they couldn't hear me during phone calls. "I can't hear you at all", "You sound super muffled", "I can barely hear you and can't understand anything", "It sounds like you're under water", etc.

So, is it widespread, or will a replacement maybe fix it?

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

That's not a normal or widespread issue. I'd make an appointment at your local apple store to inquire about a replacement.

3. T0MMYBOY4 macrumors regular

When I got my iphone 5 last year, I had the EXACT same issue you're describing. People I called would tell me the same thing "you sound really muffled/under water...I can't hear u". I took mine to the Apple store and they replaced it, no questions asked. I recommend you do the same.

4. Bhut Jolokia macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same issue with my 5s. Just made an appt. for the Genius Bar.

5. 997.2 macrumors regular

this is what you get for getting the 5c

6. Tthomas612 macrumors 65816

Tthomas612

WhAtever... Read the whole thread... The 5s has the same problem

7. Bhut Jolokia macrumors newbie

I had the exact same issue with my mic. It worked fine with the recorder feature but no one could understand me on phone calls. I made an appointment with the Genius Bar people at the Apple Store this morning and they replaced my phone with a new 5s. Yeah, it was a white box replacement, but there's no way any refurbs could have shipped this quickly!