Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joelw87

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
I have just had my 2nd iPhone 5C Green delivered, and it is worse than the 1st.

1st one has a bunch of scratches on the back, like it had been scraped across something sharp, and the 2nd has 2 blobs in the lacquer, and a full on drop to the top corner of the phone.

I don't want to think about whats happening in the factory with these phones, because I am now waiting for my 3rd tomorrow.

Good luck getting a mint one.

user-name-here

macrumors 65816
Aug 31, 2013
Early on quality control has more mistakes, gotta know that in advance of purchase.

Either buy it and return it or wait to buy it.

thewhitetower

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2011
Although the 5C is a solid phone I've found:

On my returned Blue device, the camera lens wasn't flush with the back (ie. part of lens was slightly sticking out)

On my fresh green device (and as noted on the 5C thread), the sim tray is not flush with the surround and in slightly inset. This takes away from the smooth edges of the device and my finger seems to catch there all the time! Only a few hours young and already dust and gunk is accumulating around the sim tray area! ..also, the camera lens is slightly offset on this too!

I'm wrapped with the look and feel of the 5C however I don't feel I can hold onto the current handset given these 2 issues. May sound a bit anal, but hey, it cost me a fair $$ outright and don't particularly enjoy admiring my device only to notice dirt around the sim tray!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.