iPhone 5c Rear Plastic Shell

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tripoli8647, Sep 17, 2013.

1. tripoli8647 macrumors newbie

When it comes available as a spare part - Do you think it would be possible to remove a perfectly good screen and internals from a damaged iPhone 5 rear case and fit it to a replacement 5c case?

I'm sure others would consider this too - Nice way to get a new look and feel phone without all the cost!

Thanks

2. Charadis macrumors 6502a

I've seen the back already floating around on auction sites. May or may not be generic, but they've been on auction (multiple colors) since before the announcement.

3. Kurso macrumors 6502

The antenna design is different which may mean the terminals are different.

Would it physically fit? Sure, but it is unlikely to be a drop in replacement. You will have to do some work.

4. tripoli8647 thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting - haven't been successful in finding any as of yet. I don't suppose Apple ever make OEM casing available as parts to resellers anyway? Always presumed they were good copies!

----------

Thanks for the feedback. Pity.

I'm surprised there have not been more people looking into this.

5. Skika macrumors 68030

I think the logic board is slightly smaller and battery bigger, dont think it would work.

6. Kurso macrumors 6502

Don't get me wrong, sometime after 8am on Friday someone is going to try this and we will know more then. But from the leaked pictures it looks like the mount points are different for the MB, making it a project that will take some effect.