Iphone 5C resale

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wassup121, Sep 26, 2013.

1. wassup121 macrumors member

I see a lot of iphone 5c's on eBay, and a lot are selling below msrp. The 16gb has been going for ~$500 multiple times. I actually just won one for $490 with free ship.
    What gives?
    I get bored and like switching my phones here and there, so was going to trade in my 5 regular, that I price locked last month and take the 5c for kicks.

2. stiligFox macrumors 6502a

stiligFox

I would say that's supply and demand in action for you. There're more 5c's out there than people want, so they will sell for less.

Or something like that -- I know they are highly demanded, but obviously not as much.

Do keep in mind, there's no improvement over your current iPhone, but I understand the bored aspect.

Those 5c's look postively spiffy.

3. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

I swear, if I was just a tad more confident in my own manhood I'd order the pink 5C!

Simply a beautiful device (and, in my own defense, not as 'hot' pink in person as you would think...).

4. wassup121 thread starter macrumors member

Haha!
    I like the blue one a lot, but feel white is a bit more reserved and professional in a way.
    Yeah I know, same exact phone. But now I feel I won't have to baby phone anymore as with the 5 and case. I'm excited, I would never go to the store and pay $600 ($550 + nyc tax) for the phone, but for $490, why not :)

5. Beezy253 macrumors 6502

When I saw the 16GB 5c on UpgradeSwap.com for $419, I thought damn, that's what Apple SHOULD have priced it at, unsubsidized.

(No idea how legit UpgradeSwap.com is)

6. wepiii macrumors 6502

My guess is people bought them at $99 and kept their 4S or 5 and are just selling them at a profit. Supply and Demand as said earlier keeping the price below MRSP

7. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

I think that the 5 looks better than the plastic 5C :eek: Be happy with your choice :)

8. teribithia macrumors member

teribithia

But the 5 is out of stock :D:D

Why not Apple reduce the 5's price like the 8G 4S when iPhone 5 released :(:(