iPhone 5C screen glass issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Calogyne, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Calogyne macrumors newbie

I got a iPhone 5c blue 3 weeks ago, one day I picked up the phone by pinching the left bottom corner and the screen seemed to be depressed and made a click sound. I soon went to the apple store and got a replacement. One week later, when I pressed the right side of the screen(I didn't want it!), the problem appeared again!! This time the click sound only appears if it get a little bit warm, while during the standby it won't. Seems because of the processor's heat?

I just wonder is this a common issue of iPhone 5C? I've had two and both of them seems to have that. Last one is definitely obvious and the new one is not that obvious(sometime it is!!) but still annoying……Is there anyone else sharing the same problem with me~?

And what should I do……

P.S. If u haven't noticed yours, DONT CHECK IT

2. Nated macrumors newbie

The left side of mine depresses/clicks very slightly

Don't know if its common or not, but I've just been ignoring it

3. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

So I guess the 'C' really does stand for cheap…..:confused:

4. AlexSykes macrumors member

One of my family members has the Yellow iPhone 5C and, being the fussy family we are, said that the bottom left corner seems loose. On close inspection I noticed that where the lightening charger port is there is only one black screw on the left but the right one is missing.
    This seems odd considering the phone is only a few days old, I'm going into the Apple Store tomorrow to pick up an iMac so will have them look into this as well.

5. kupkakez macrumors 68000

kupkakez

My 5c doesn't have any screen issues. I would see about getting that swapped out.

6. nearpass macrumors member

Mine doesn't either. Have had it since the 20th.

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Some 5Cs & 5Ss seem to have screens that are delaminating. Return for a good unit.

8. Nated macrumors newbie

Reading on other forums, the problem is fairly widespread. I don't think it's an issue of the screen delaminating. Or at least its not something that will get worse over time...hopefully.

9. 11bE5 macrumors 6502

11bE5

My iPhone 5 does this so no that's not what that means. I would take it back and have the reseat the screen it fixed he issue in my 5

10. Valkyre macrumors 6502

No issues at all here...

as for the "cheap" comment, i dont see that "expensive" iphone5s being all that perfect...

in fact there are a ton of threads with all kinds of issues...

They are electronics, they are bound to have manufacturing/software/hardware issues... like it always has been since the first iphone was released...

11. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Agreed. I only paid 104$ out of pocket for the 5S. (sold 5 for 600$). IF I had paid that 704$ out of pocket for the 5S, I would feel incredibly ripped off. Warm screen, a seriously cheap home button, and a scratch out of the box. It costs Apple around 250$ to make these phones last I checked, and they should sell for 400-450$ max. 700$ an up is a complete joke, for any smartphone.

Especially charging 100$ to go up 16GB in memory. Lol. LOL.

12. Calogyne thread starter macrumors newbie

That seems even more serious. I just decide to keep ignore it~ Beside this the phone itself is great.

13. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

Ok you lost me….

So the 'C' could stand for Common, in more ways than one.

14. Valkyre macrumors 6502

yeah sure man, just like the "s" in iphone 5s could stand for "Sucks" or "******", as there are apparently dozens of threads reporting issues with that device...

grow up...

15. Nated macrumors newbie

Anyone have this issue on an iphone 5 and decide to keep it? If so, any issues a year down the road?