iPhone 5C T-Moblie $30 plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gooberwilson, Sep 3, 2013.

1. gooberwilson macrumors regular

gooberwilson

Hello all. I'm looking forward to seeing the release of the new iPhones in a week and particularly the iPhone 5C. It would be a cheaper alternative to the iPhone 5S which is good for me as a student. I've been looking into cheap iPhone plans and what would be best for me. I noticed T-Moblile has a $30 plan with 100 minutes, unlimited texting and data. Would I be able to use that on an iPhone 5C if I bought it unlocked? This question may be unanswerable since it hasn't been announced/released yet but I'm curious if anyone has any answers. Thanks! :D

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

You will learn all on September 10.

Nobody can tell you anything for certain.

3. CEmajr macrumors 601

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. You can use any unlocked or T-Mobile branded phone on the $30 plan. They don't restrict what phones you can use.

4. 617aircav Suspended

5. BruiserB macrumors 65816

If the phone is unlocked, you would just pop in the SIM card and activate the plan. As stated earlier, the phone has nothing to do with which plan you choose.

The only question is whether the 5C will be LTE or not (so might only be able to work with 3G/"4G" signal, not LTE) and whether the 3G radio will support all of T-mobile's frequencies or just the re-farmed ones. My guess is it will be fully T-mobile compatible since discount phone/discount carrier are a natural mix, but we won't know for sure until the phone is introduced.

P.S. My referring to T-mobile as a discount carrier wasn't meant as a slam of any sort, just a statement of fact...I have the $30 plan and love it! :D

6. LithePanther macrumors 6502

I can't stand my T-mobile plan.

IIRC I thought the 1st phone was 50 a month and each additional was 30. I could be thinking of a different plan though

7. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

What the OP is talking is prepaid plan. $30/month, 100 minutes, unlimited texts, 5GB of 4G data (then unlimited edge).

8. gooberwilson thread starter macrumors regular

gooberwilson

Awesome. Thanks for the help everyone. Looks like it might be a good solution for what I want.

9. verseafterverse macrumors member

I have the virgin mobile iphone 5 for $30 a month with unlimited text a data cap at 2.5 rarely hit that and 300 minutes.