Iphone 5C User Profiles

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Finz72, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Finz72 macrumors regular

Hi everyone ! This is just an informational thread. Looking to see the gender / age groups that are buying the 5C. Some thread insinuate that girls and kids are buying it. Chime in if you bought a 5C !!!

2. LagLiquidators macrumors member

LagLiquidators

While my experience is far from scientific. I know about 7 people who bought new iPhones on launch weekend. 2 of them bought 5s's. They were in their 30's. The other five bought 5c's. They were teenagers. Again not scientific, just what I saw.

3. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, that's a start. I'm more than interested in know if the older generation 50+ are buying this phone.

4. krazykleo macrumors regular

Male/mid20s bought a 5c because it suited my needs as I don't need a Touch ID or slow mo camera or a faster processor. The 5c is a HUGE!!! upgrade from my 3gs :)

If you read enough you'll see a lot of males in their 20s or older have bought a 5c!

It's a lovely phone and IMO, just perfect for me.

5. nearpass macrumors member

Well I'm in the 50+ group, and I bought the green 5c. I've never been a fan of smart phones, or cell phones, for that matter, after having to deal with them constantly in the hands of my students (for too many years as a teacher), as a driver trying to avoid been hit by those talking on them, and the rudeness of people talking on them everywhere, especially in a checkout or service line. But my elderly parents are disabled, and there is some value to me now to carry a phone with me, and have access to email. I see having the 5c as a fun, new experience for me; I love bright colors, and I could care less the opinion anyone has of me with a green one! Nor have I ever cared about having the latest or greatest of anything :)

6. pedregosa macrumors member

I'm 56/male. And I will be buying a yellow, unlocked 5c. I can easily afford a 5s. But I prefer the 5c.

7. Spacial macrumors 6502

Unless you're the type that enjoys being labeled, profiling people is in very poor taste.

8. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm 55 and I am also considering a yellow 5c. Male. The more color, the better !8

9. tubalores macrumors member

tubalores

27 y/o female teacher here...bought a yellow 5c and LOVE it. For what it's worth, I teach high schoolers and many came to school with brand new 5s's this past week. 5c suits my needs beautifully, and it appears that there is no real pattern/gender/age group in which to categorize buyers of this device.

10. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

You may be right ! I'll have no problem carrying this device if I choose to cancel my 5s.

11. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

12. Finz72 thread starter macrumors regular

13. Northern Man macrumors newbie

Northern Man

This 54 year old male purchased a white 5c. Did not choose it instead of the 5s for monetary reasons, just prefer its shape, weight and feel. Recently purchased a Macbook Pro retina and I am very pleased with both items. The 5c is certainly fast when browsing the internet and as I have a Nikon DSLR I don't require the somewhat better camera in the 5s.

Both the 5s and 5c are good phones so no need to look down at anyone for the decision they made for what are personal reasons. We should all be pleased that each customer chose to support a company that is offering the market user-friendly devices.

Enjoy your 5 experience, whatever the model.

14. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I am a dude in my 40s ... green apple 5c for me ... the rounded edges and the colour did it.

and I was tired of the sharp edges on the iPhone4 ... this iPhone 5c is sweet. :D

15. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

White 5c

Male, 36, White 5c 32g, I like long walks on the beach. Purchasing/Buyer for Nestle USA.
    Chose the 5c because it's different. My wife (37, Paralegal) gave me her iPhone 5 64g so she could get a Blue 5c. Awesome.

16. DAVIDUGLY macrumors member

DAVIDUGLY

Male 42 bought one 5c in each color and all cases, passed on the 5s.

17. BSDanalyst macrumors regular

The demographics on this forum alone would greatly skew your results. That said, here in HK, I have yet to see a single iPhone 5C anywhere.

18. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

23 y/o male. Got white 5c. Went with the safer option :p also maybe reselling a white one would be easier then others. I regret buying yellow though. Just wanted something different. And then read posts about ppl saying how great the 5s is and ended up ordering the space gray iPhone 5s last night as an early bday gift to myself :p . But I guess I m going to cancel that order coz of the wait times. I have this really bad OCD of buying stuff i dont need and I usually regret it then lol.

19. AllieNeko macrumors 6502a

Late 20's, male, bought the coral pink 5C