iPhone 5C vs 5s. Which will blend better?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by quagmire, Oct 2, 2013.

1. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

You know it was only a matter of time before the iPhone got blended......

2. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

I hope he takes a deep breath of that quicksilver fumes floating around. What a douchbag.

3. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

Nothing like 1560 watts and two dull blades offending people over blending their favorite phone. :p

Seriously, the Will it Blend videos have been a huge marketing hit for Blendtec. They have been blending iPhone's and iPad's since the original. You need to get over it. It's a freaking phone.

4. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I think the point is that the phones are so scare at this point, it is a waste to completely destroy it when a lot of people actually want one.

At the end of the day, though, it is their money so they can do whatever they want with it.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

6. quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

And yet iFixit and others buy these scarce phones and destroy them and disassemble it, etc. And members here like it.

7. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

They also provide guides if you ever want to disassemble it and fix something yourself (despite how hard it is). It's informational also.

This is cheap entertainment.

8. quagmire, Oct 2, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

quagmire thread starter macrumors 603

quagmire

True.

I don't have a problem with it. It isn't like he is taking it and putting it in the blender in front of everyone in line waiting for one. But, this has been a very successful marketing campaign and people love it. Just like how people can't wait until iFixit and chipworks dissect a new iDevice or Mac, people can't wait to see it blended because they enjoy the series(not because they hate Apple).

9. supermassive macrumors regular

supermassive

I don't care about the phone. Still I think it's a stupid idiot! It's his shallow, superficial attitude which is offending me.

10. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Lol it is a bit bothersome to see perfect iPhones being blended, but entertaining and interesting at the same time.

Pretty sure in the 5C blender I saw a sim card flying around at one point, lol.

11. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

12. skidbubble macrumors 6502

I love it. Never gets old. More blending of iDevices please.

13. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

Apple probably gave them iPhones and iPads to blend. Its good advertising for both Blendtec and Apple.

14. MaloCS macrumors regular

15. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Actually this is ingenious marketing!No telling what advertising on T.V cost but posting on youtube? now the price of the iPhones so so but trivial compared to commercials.And then it pays off for them,12 months from now your wife wants a blender you go to a fancy store because of course shes gotta have the best cause shes gonna be on this diet forever and while your in a daze thinking of checking out whats going on on MacRumors when you hear hmm blendtec and you think blendtec huh thats one of those ones that they blend iphones with theyre tough! I think this is the one.

Fast forward 6 more months looking for something you see that iphone 3g that has water damage that you just never got rid of cause it wasnt worth nothin.Next thing you know youve got safety glasses on with your wife screaming in the background WHERES MY 5S!

16. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Exactly, unlike the Smash My *console* videos. Those just hurt more since they did it there right in the parking lot in front of waiting buyers.