iPhone 5C...what kind of monthly at this point in the game?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orioncrystalice, May 22, 2015.

1. orioncrystalice macrumors 6502

orioncrystalice

I know someone I'm trying to break into the world of iOS, and with the 5C being dirt cheap at this point that's obviously the most attractive choice, but can anyone provide insight on whether providers are charging 6 or 6+ monthly fees for this phone? A good starting point provider I can look into to help make it happen?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Monthly fees? All phones would have same fees for service, it's just the price of the phone that differs. Different carriers will have different deals potentially, so it's best to check with the ones that might be of interest.

3. niji, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015

niji macrumors 6502a

niji

the best deals for carrier plans are found with the MNVO.

your message doesn't say which country you are in. but in many countries you can reduce the monthly charge for a voice+internet package by around 60% by going with an MNVO instead of a main carrier. in my country (japan) there are now 7 MNVO (all but 1 using docomo signal bands).

that is the way i have introduced friends and family to iOS, and oddly enough, also using the 5c.

here is a list of mnvo in the usa for example. its a long list.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators

4. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

The 5c isn't worth it. The 8GB size is just too small.

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

The monthly fee will be less and the phone will have no up-front charge. Half the monthly fee is airtime, and the other half is the hire purchase on the phone. Consequently the 5C will be significantly cheaper than the 6+ for instance. It still won't be the cheapest phone out there though, it's made by Apple!

6. daddyd302 macrumors member

daddyd302

That person be better off buying a used Iphone 5 or 5S. Just make sure that friend buys one that still has some kind of warranty left on it. I wouldn't recommend ebay or craigslist. I do recommend swappa if your friend is interested ina used phone.

http://swappa.com/