iPhone 5s/5c - Apple Store - Dallas, TX (NorthPark Center)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by dohspc, Sep 13, 2013.

1. dohspc macrumors regular

dohspc

I usually preorder to avoid the lines. The last time I waited in line for an iPhone was the iPhone 4 so I'm hoping it's more organized this time. Since this is a newly expanded Apple store I expect them to have plenty of stock.

2. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Questions to NorthPark line veterans

This will be my first time lining up at NorthPark after having purchased the iPhone 4S at Willow Bend and the iPad 3 at Knox/Henderson.

Three questions for NorthPark Apple line veterans:

• Which mall entrance do we use for Apple launches?
    • What time do the exterior mall doors open?
    • What time are you planning to start arriving?

Thanks, y'all! And good luck next Friday!

3. ajaxmonkey macrumors member

ajaxmonkey

Wish I could be off to make it to the Dallas or Woodlands store... Im in the College Station area home of the Aggies

4. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I'm not going to be ordering from the Apple Store, but I was at this location today for the first time since they moved and I've got to say I was impressed with the size! Its huge now so I would expect that they get in pretty good stock. Good luck on Friday everyone who's going to line up!

5. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Interesting; thanks! Anyone heard where to line up at NorthPark on Friday?

6. ewils19 macrumors 6502

I haven't heard anything but you could always try calling the concierge office. Phone number is on this site: http://www.northparkcenter.com/ContactUs

The Apple Store is now by Nordstrom so I'd guess that one of the entrances near there would be your best bet but again, I have no idea for sure.

7. ResCommunis macrumors newbie

What day/time is everyone queuing?

Also, how bad is NorthPark on queuing? Where do we wait, etc. ?

8. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

Yeah I would like an update as well. I just moved here from Chicago. I highly doubt it's as bad as back home but I will be utilizing north park for sure. So I'm looking for suggestions and ideas.

9. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

Update. I checked things out yesterday. One of the store reps advised Thursday. Nordstrom side for the entrance. He said it probably won't be as bad as the 5. Not too many people have come asking questions. Explained the whole process as well. Issuing the "you will be insured a phone" cards out around 6am before the store opens. When those cards run out that's it. They cannot guarantee the cards are the same as inventory. Which contradicts the above statement lol. He also mentioned paying off security....guess it's common

10. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Paying off security? For what exactly? Once you're in line (in the correct line, of course), what can they do?

11. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

He made it seem like the "line scenario" can be bypassed. And he was serious ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Advil macrumors 6502a

Can't decide if I should line up here or Knox.

13. jrswizzle macrumors 603

jrswizzle

What's Willow Bend been like? I plan on hitting up that store for the 5S. Figure it'll be better than Stonebriar in Frisco.

14. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Huh... Who knows.

15. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

Has anyone been out recently to check things out? Or have an idea when they plan to be there?

16. WickedOwl macrumors member

I plan to be there in the morning, a few hours before opening. Hopefully that's not too optimistic! I might head over during lunch today and chat up one of the employees to see if they have any info on where the line will be.

17. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

Cool. Let me know what they say. Last update I got from them was the nordstrom entrance...

18. rhcpbrian macrumors newbie

19. WickedOwl, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

WickedOwl macrumors member

Ok - just went to check it out. Front iPad man says they don't have a lot of info at the moment. He said to call the mall about when they will open the mall doors. He said that in years past, people lined up outside the mall at the outside entrance on the northwest side (see image) until the mall opens.

[​IMG]

Then I called the mall people and they said they will open the doors at 7 AM. She had no other info about tomorrow morning.

Also - no line yet, but I didn't expect one. Please keep us updated if/when you decide to line up!

20. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

Ok cool thanks. My plan is when I get off work around 5 I'll just stay in the area see how things go

21. mctrees02 macrumors member

The paying off security is likely in reference to paying one of the security guards off at 5AM so that they'll come open up the mall doors for you. The regular NorthPark walkers are typically inside around 6-630am so you CAN get in befroe 7AM...you just gotta find a way in.

22. Bryanw3535 macrumors regular

Won't that look weird if you're waiting in front of the Apple store when the line of hundreds of people comes walking up when they move the line inside at 7?

23. WickedOwl macrumors member

Yeah - I vote we chase any such people out of the mall with pitchforks and torches!

24. dohspc thread starter macrumors regular

dohspc

In years past at willow bend and at stonebriar the will only let the established line outside in for the line at the apple store. If there is someone standing by the apple store and not in the established line outside they will be sent to the end of the line.

25. CedricEarl macrumors regular

CedricEarl

Got off work. Stopped by. Nothing. Not sure what time I'll go up there