iPhone 5S/5C Brea, CA (Brea Mall) Orange County

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Jarrahammer, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Jarrahammer macrumors member

Jarrahammer

Anyone plan on going to the Brea Mall or somewhere in Orange County? I have never gotten the phone at launch at store, only online. Just wanted to know if anyone had experience here about when to get there, and if anyone will be there.

2. salimdao macrumors member

salimdao

I might be going to Brea or Cerritos. I camped out at Cerritos for the 4S. It'll be my first time doing so at Brea. Any advise would be helpful.

3. beebo87 macrumors member

I camped at Brea for the 4S and for the 5... You might want to call the mall Thursday to find out what time they're allowing the line to form. The line will start at the entrance where Red Robin is... Last year they said they wouldn't let anyone line up until 4am... I dropped by around 1 and security turned me away... came back at 3 and there was a line already. So keep checking...

4. Jarrahammer thread starter macrumors member

Jarrahammer

Thanks for the info. I may check the nearby ATT store as well. Im thinking about arriving at 5 AM wherever I go, not sure how the lines will look this year.

5. Jon347 macrumors member

so its safe to get there by 4AM? beebo87 when you camped for the 5 how many people where there at 3?

6. beebo87 macrumors member

I honestly don't remember. If I had to guess I'd say about 50-60 people in front of me? But Brea usually gets a big stock on launch day. I remember hearing they still had stock later on in the day and evening... I just camp out to make it to work the next day on time haha..

I called mall security and they said they're allowing the line to start at 5.

7. Jon347 macrumors member

ok thanks I guess ill check around 3:30AM to see if there is any sort of line forming.

8. beebo87 macrumors member

I called today, they said they aren't letting the line form until 5am. not sure if i believe that. i'm gna call again tomorrow and show up earlier than that anyhow

9. Markiie macrumors 6502

Markiie

does anyone know if any store out there has people camping out already?

10. Jon347 macrumors member

Anyone lining up yet? I will be there at 1 AM hopefully mall security will be nice enought to let us wait in our cars till its ok to line up.

11. Jon347 macrumors member

Says no camping and parking lot is closed until 5AM.

[​IMG]

12. eatntae macrumors newbie

13. Gary500 macrumors regular

Gary500

Last year I got my 5 here in the afternoon...is this the best place?

14. meihcydna macrumors regular

thanks for the picture. see you guys there at 5am

15. richpuer macrumors 6502

This is true. Last year I showed up at 11 am on launch day. No camping. There were like 39 ahead of me and the line went fast. I was out with 2 iPhones in less than 1 hr. Brea is easy I wouldn't sweat it sleeping over

16. richpuer macrumors 6502

Can people following this thread update status on colors as they get theirs

17. meihcydna macrumors regular

did you get a 16GB?

18. jeffmo macrumors member

First time hunting on launch day (usually do a pre-order) and am thinking of going to Brea, Cerritos or Costa Mesa.. So far I garner that:

Brea gets a good amount in-stock.
    Cerritos won't allow lines until 5am.
    Costa Mesa ___________________.

Any info on the South Coast location? I called and the Apple Store guy said that a line will be allowed to form beginning at 3 (am or pm, he didn't specify).

19. opo101 macrumors member

But the Incipio office is nearby, so they normally come & give everyone a free case!

20. Cookierachas macrumors newbie

If anyone is going to brea
    I'll be there
    Would love to meet some fellow apple geeks in the area

21. jeffmo macrumors member

Interesting! Free Incipio cases at South Coast location.. Will you be there? Any tips/details on best place to park and queue up? All I know is that the Apple Store is close to the Crate & Barrel since I went there recently for a gift purchase..

----------

What time were you planning on heading to Brea? Will they let us line up in the mall or are we made to wait outside?

22. mactmaster macrumors 6502

They're also opening a Chipotle in the food court tomorrow!! Breakfast burritos after 5S anyone?

23. Cookierachas macrumors newbie

I'm taking off in about an hour
    I live down the street

24. calviin macrumors regular

I'm here and either there's no line or I'm in the wrong part of the mall. Near the parking lot entrance by the food court you can walk in and no one's there to stop you. I walked it and they're setting up the store right now. Kinda weird all by yourself so I'll be chilling in my car. Let me know if/when you guys get here!

25. Fastpitchsball macrumors newbie

Are you by Red Robin? That's where we normally line up.