iPhone 5s 5c Florida Mall Orlando FL

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by s8film40, Sep 12, 2013.

1. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

Does anyone have any details for the set up for the Florida Mall location. What time do they allow you to line up/enter the mall, what entrance is best, etc.?

2. hisboyelroy macrumors member

hisboyelroy

Same question here. I heard one person say on a different thread that this is the only Apple Store in the area that will let you line up outside the mall, as opposed to keeping you off property until 6:00 a.m. or so. Not sure if that is a good or bad thing actually.

3. XxWestinxX macrumors member

Has anyone called the mall/apple store about line up plans?

4. s8film40 thread starter macrumors 6502

s8film40

I stopped by the store on Sunday. The employee at the Apple store said the Mall would open at 6AM and that they would let people on property at 5AM. This sounds the same as Millenia which I guess makes sense since they are both owned by Simon. I asked someone at the mall information desk but she didn't really seem to know and said I should ask the Apple store. My thinking is I'll try to get there around 4:30 and see what's going on.
    Edit:
    I just called Mall security and they said the same thing.

5. Fluidmusic00 macrumors member

Where is the entrance at the Florida Mall? Or where do people generally line up?

6. XxWestinxX macrumors member

See ya at 4:30! Thanks man

----------

Yah, good question.... wheres the official line up so you dont get screwed lol

7. s8film40 thread starter macrumors 6502

s8film40

My thinking is the entrance by the M&M store. I asked security he said he would get more information from his supervisor and to call him back later tonight.

8. Fluidmusic00 macrumors member

Awesome, keep us updated!

9. XxWestinxX macrumors member

Yes please keep us updated.. much appreciated!

10. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Definitely keep us posted! I was going to just go to my local AT&T store but after hearing from numerous people that they're only getting space grey in, that's out. I did Millennia for the iPhone 4 launch and that was a nightmare and a half, so I'm thinking FL Mall may just be the way to go this time. :)

11. s8film40 thread starter macrumors 6502

s8film40

I called mall security back, the guy I talked to said he got updated information from his supervisor and that people would be allowed on mall property at 7AM and the entrance near M&M would be the one they open. I decided to call the Apple store and see if they could confirm this, they insisted that it would be 5AM and that the doors to the mall would be 6AM. I think I'm going to be safe rather than sorry and be there at 4:30 as I originally planned.

I did Millenia also for the 4. Unfortunately this isn't sounding any different at all, but hopefully it will all work out.

12. levenhopper macrumors newbie

Anyone try going yet? I'm trying to decide whether to go to Millennia Mall or Florida Mall...

13. Blakey. macrumors member

There is already a line at Florida Mall. Not too sure which I want to try my luck with since I want gold.

14. camflan macrumors member

How many in line?

15. levenhopper macrumors newbie

i thought line ups weren't til 6. where is everyone meeting/parking? how big is the line? should i head out now?

16. Blakey. macrumors member

It looked to be around 30-40 people. Didn't drive close enough to see. It's the hotel/m&m side. It's in the parking lot though. There's a security guy with them. Good luck guys, I think I'm going to Altamonte since you can't park there until 6.

17. s8film40 thread starter macrumors 6502

s8film40

In line now looks like about 50 people ahead of me. Mall security guards are keeping a list of the line up to just a little ahead of me.

18. levenhopper macrumors newbie

I guess I'm close to you. Security's official line ended 20ish people ahead of me.

19. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

I'm at Millenia. Mall security isn't letting people onto the property until sunrise. I'm parked across the way waiting for them to move their baracades.

A good number of cars are staring to show up. I'm thinking this is going to be a little nuts

20. Fluidmusic00 macrumors member

Got here at around 4:55. About 150 people. Should be good if you don't want the gold model.

21. Fluidmusic00 macrumors member

They have now queued a lot of us in a hallway next to the store. Anyone else here and have information on supplies?

22. XxWestinxX macrumors member

I'm in the holding area here too. Haven't hear about stock

23. levenhopper macrumors newbie

Let us know how it goes. I'm curious to hear what you think.

24. BeeGood macrumors 65816

BeeGood

It was a little nuts like I thought. I was dozing off and noticed they started waving cars in 30 min before sunrise.

Everyone cranked their engines and tried to get to the Macys parking lot ASAP. Luckily, an Apple rep is here. He's going to start handing out cards that guarantee the phone we want in a few minutes.

25. Fluidmusic00 macrumors member

Apparently if you want an iPhone5c, you are limited to 10 per person. Yes, 10! iPhone5s is 2.

No unlocked phones. Only contract free T-Mobile.