iPhone 5s & 5c launch: Bridgewater Commons, NJ

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by thomamon, Sep 15, 2013.

1. thomamon macrumors 6502a

thomamon

Anyone plan on going? Probably going to stop in on the way home from work at about 6am!

2. jvdrummer182 macrumors regular

I'm going to take the day off work Friday. Have you been to any other product launches at the Bridgewater Apple? What's the best mall entrance to wait at? How early should I show up?

3. MarketingGuy macrumors member

Same here -- I plan on taking the day off to wait in line. I have always preordered every iPhone, so this will be a first for me as well.

I spoke with a friend who used to work at the Apple Store and she indicated that mall management wouldn't let anyone in before 5am in previous years. So, I'll stop by the Apple Store this week to ask if it's the same this year. I'll probably get in line around 6am, but I'm not sure which entrance yet.

4. samrusk macrumors newbie

I already had the day scheduled off, so I think I'm going to go and upgrade my 2 4S phones. When I got the 4S, the line started at the parking garage entrance. I got there at around 6 and was about 50th in line, just at the end of the footbridge and standing by the garage stairs.

5. thomamon thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomamon

The Main Entrance by the Microsoft store now is the one I get in the one time I went. I believe it was for the 4.

I work the night before and should be passing by right around 6am, if everything is good at home and my dog feels better I will definitely be stopping to check out the line.

Hold me a place, lol

6. MarketingGuy macrumors member

Thanks for sharing your experiences. 50 people doesn't seem so bad. I wasn't planning on buying the iPad mini last year. I happened to walk into the store on launch day around lunch time to check it out in person, then realized I wanted one. My initial thought was that they would have been sold out, but much to my amazement, they had them in stock. So, hopefully, they have plenty of stock on the new iPhones and if we arrive around 6am we will be able to get our choice of iPhone color / size.

7. thomamon thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomamon

I'm not so much stuck on a color, would prefer gold but would take any in 64GB!

If its 50 people I would be happy! When I went for the 4 there were two lines. One for pre-orders and others who chose not to pre-order. The line for those who pre-ordered was not long, however the line for those that did not it went to about the Verizon store (Which was funny since Verizon didn't have it yet).

Anyway, if the line isn't that bad on Friday I'll probably stay and get it :). If not I may try back in the afternoon. I know when the 4S came out they had plenty left in stock the next day.

8. jvdrummer182 macrumors regular

I checked out the store a few minutes ago. They did not have much information besides that the store will open at 8:00 and the mall will open some time before that. I was told everything is developing last minute. The store associates told me about the past years launches and seemed to believe the line will form by the movie theater entrance by the parking deck. I'm going to check with them again Thursday.

9. thomamon thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomamon

Please keep us posted!

10. samrusk macrumors newbie

This pretty much jibes with my experience 2 years back.

11. davidjacobs21 macrumors regular

i went to the store the next day because i wanted to exchange my black one for a white one, and they still had stock

12. MarketingGuy macrumors member

Thank you, everyone, for the updates. I'll probably stop by the store on Thursday to try and get whatever last minute information I can out of them. Hopefully, by then, they can confirm that the entrance to the parking garage is the one that they will be using.

13. jvdrummer182 macrumors regular

Is anyone else going for a gold 64 GB AT&T 5s?

14. MarketingGuy macrumors member

I'm going for the space gray 64 GB AT&T. But, I just came back from the store and one of the tidbits I picked up from a friendly employee was that quantities will be extremely limited on launch day and that they might not even get any of the gold models in the Bridgewater store. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

15. jvdrummer182 macrumors regular

This is so frustrating. I really don't want to stand in line for nothing. I already sold my old iPhone and am using a crappy android phone temporarily. The android phone is terrible

16. MarketingGuy macrumors member

I can definitely understand -- I'd be very frustrated if I were in your situation. If you truly only want the gold phone, your best bet might be to order online at 3:01am ET and try to snag one with the earliest delivery window. Else, you will have to try your luck queuing up at a store and hope that they have it. Who knows, maybe he was misinformed (although he seemed very knowledgeable).

Another interesting point was the demand for smaller capacities. He mentioned that 16GB runs out first, then 32GB, and then 64GB. So, if this launch follows historical trends and they actually get the gold in stock, the 64GB should be the last one to run out.

Keep us posted -- I wish you the best of luck! If I do see you in line, I hope you get it.

17. MarketingGuy macrumors member

Wanted to provide an updated for everyone. I spoke with mall security and they said that the we should line up at the entrance by the movie theater (parking garage). They also said that they would not be letting anyone into to the mall before 8am.

18. samrusk macrumors newbie

@MarketingGuy thanks for the update.

I'm looking to get there pretty early, so I'll post what the line is like when I get there. I wonder why they aren't letting the queue move inside earlier than 8:00 like they have in the past.

19. MarketingGuy macrumors member

Happy to pass along whatever info that I have. No idea why they are changing the policy. It also could be that the security employee I talked to was disgruntled or doesn't know anything and just made it up. Like you, I'll be there early (probably around 6am) and will keep everyone posted on this thread.

20. jvdrummer182 macrumors regular

Have you spoke to any employees at the apple store? I really don't want to waste my time if I will not be able to get the configuration I want.

21. jvdrummer182 macrumors regular

22. MarketingGuy macrumors member

Just the one I spoke with originally who mentioned the lack of stock. It looks like the gold iPhone shortage may be pretty widespread given the article on the Macrumors front page: http://www.macrumors.com/2013/09/19...ttle-to-no-stock-for-launch-day-in-australia/

I need to go to the mall tonight, so I will post here if I hear any updates or if I see anyone already in line.

23. MarketingGuy macrumors member

Just came back from the mall. Unfortunately, I didn't get any new information and was told the same thing as before. Also, didn't see anyone waiting yet.

Hope to see some of you there tomorrow!

24. samrusk macrumors newbie

Thanks for the update. I'll definitely be there, probably around 4:30-5:00. I'll update this thread when I get there.

25. thomamon thread starter macrumors 6502a

thomamon

I'll be there too!!!

How do we know who is from here?

I'll make it simple, I'll wear a Dukes of Hazzard shirt, lol