iPhone 5s/5c Launch - Columbus, OH (Polaris/Easton)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by cwosigns, Sep 12, 2013.

?

Where in Columbus, OH will you be queuing up?

1. Apple Store (Easton Town Center)

46.2%
  2. Apple Store (Polaris Fashion Place)

30.8%
  3. Other (carrier, department, electronics store)

23.1%
  1. cwosigns macrumors 65816

So...who is planning on queuing up on 9/20 and, if so, where are you planning to go? There are Apple Stores at Easton Town Center and Polaris Fashion Place, as well as myriad Verizon, Sprint and AT&T stores.

2. Cakester macrumors regular

You know Chris. I'm probably an Easton guy, closer to home.

Any guesstimate on what the wait time would be with a 5-6am arrival ?

3. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm not sure. I haven't waited in line at at Easton since the iPhone 3GS. I was on Verizon when the 4 launched, and I bought the 4S at Target a few weeks after release. Was in Polaris for the launch of the 5. Easton is just a mile from my house, but may hit Polaris again. I dunno.

4. ajones92, Sep 14, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

Wish I could hit the apple store but....

I work 12 hour nights and get off at 7:30. I'll be headed to the dublin Best Buy, hoping the lines will be smaller and I can snag a 64gb silver and get some sleep :apple:

Edit: Got off work, my boss is an apple fan lol

5. ms.sarcastic macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if the South Campus Gateway AT&T sells iPhones on launch day and if so, is it usually packed?

I only ever tried to get the iPhone 4 on launch day and that was at Easton and a freaking disaster.. 4S I pre-ordered and 5 I got lucky at an At&T store at 7am on launch day (only waited 30 mins), but by then Verizon, Sprint had it so I think the lines were evenly distributed along different stores.

The lack of pre-order is annoying.. and I don't have more than about 2 hours to waste standing in line on Friday morning.

Any ideas?

6. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

All the AT%T retail stores sell the iphone on launch day. I was at the one on Ackerman last year and come 8am there were like 20 people in line (myself leading lol) so it wasn't bad at all.

7. Cakester macrumors regular

Hey Chris

Where do people line up at Polaris ?

8. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

Last year it was the mall entrance just to the right of Von Maur (if you're looking at Von Maur). I'm assuming it will be similar. Forecast is calling for 60% chance of rain/storms; may be toughing it out in the car a bit, or bringing an umbrella and camping chair. :)

9. cmhsam macrumors 6502

I plan on being there, Polaris, around 6am Friday. At the launch of the Ipad 2 we created a twitter hashtag where people could post updates at various locations and availability. Maybe this year we should use the hashtag, "#IP5SCMH"?

10. Timenprayer macrumors newbie

Polaris Launch

Am I correct that we will wait outside the mall (Von Mauer entrance as noted above) until 8AM, and then be let inside the mall, to further wait until we can go into the Apple Store?

If someone has done this for previous launches and can confirm, that would be great.

11. Jman13 macrumors 68000

I'd probably be going to the AT&T store on 256 in Reynoldsburg, but I can't chance not getting the phone and having it backordered for weeks, since I need to send my wife's 4S into Gazelle by Oct. 15. I also can't camp out. SO, rather than chance getting screwed at my local AT&T store, I'm just going to order online and wait a few days (or see if I can reserve one at the Easton Apple store, if that's an option).

12. knux11 macrumors regular

I think i'm gonna wait until 3am, try to order online, and if that fails then head up to polaris (or easton).

If i get to either around 4-5am, given previous releases, where do yall think i'd be in line?

13. whtvrrob macrumors newbie

Doors at Midnight

I just called the Apple Store at Polaris. The mall is opening the doors by Von Maur at Midnight to lineup by the Apple Store. Anybody wishing to is able to line up before that outside of the doors.

14. bbotte macrumors 65816

bbotte

Just gonna go to an AT&T store, I have to move 2 other iPhones to different lines and reduce my minutes per month also, so just wait in one line. Stupid sim cards are different sizes, in a few years this will not be an issue I hope as the 5 and 5s finally take the same size. 3GS large SIM, 4 Mini SIM, 4S Mico SIM, 5 Nano SIM.....

15. whtvrrob macrumors newbie

Does anybody who's camped out at Polaris before know if there's power available near the apple entrance?

16. ajones92 macrumors member

ajones92

Yeah I like the hashtag idea

17. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

About 30 people at Polaris. Manager gave us an idea of stock. No gold for Verizon. Low silver for Verizon. Seems to be plenty of space gray on all carriers.

18. suzyq16, Sep 19, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013

suzyq16 macrumors newbie

Anyone order through Best Buy before? If so is the phone actually available for same day pick-up? How about if you order on apple??

Meant to add that I am currently in the process of ordering it on best buy but wanted to get some feedback before I finalize the transaction.

19. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

Any idea on how many 64GB AT&T Space Gray's they have?

20. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

They don't give exact figures. Just whether it looks good or not based on the model you want and yr position in line.

21. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

What time do they open?

22. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

23. schmittx macrumors newbie

schmittx

Which model are you going for?

Any info from Apple staff about 32GB AT&T Space Grey by chance?

24. cwosigns thread starter macrumors 65816

I don't know what they told the people behind me, but space gray seemed like a good bet on any carrier. Not sure how much stock they have and what people behind me in line were told.

25. schmittx macrumors newbie

schmittx

Gotcha...thanks for the info...how many are lined up at the moment there?