iPhone 5S/5C Launch - Pioneer Place Mall Portland, OR

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Harvey Specter, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Harvey Specter macrumors regular

Anybody going to be waiting in line at this location or another in the Portland area? I plan on getting in line at 4am

2. weeman macrumors 6502

Ill be there around 5am...any idea where the line starts from previous experiences? I've only camped out at Washington Square for the 4 launch so don't have any experience at Pioneer.

3. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

I dunno, I live in the Sunnyside neighborhood and am trying to figure out a strat... I don't think I can handle hanging out at Pioneer at 4am unless I drop acid and have some Fear & Loathingesque existential nightmare at the mall...

Maybe I'll order at midnight or just see what happens if I arrive at like 9am heh....

4. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

I was hoping to drop by around 6am. Anyone done it before? No clue what the lines are like or where people even line up since it's inside the mall. Are the Smart Parks open?

5. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

Dunno, that's a good question, considering the apple store is downtown and under ground, you'd think the mall would be locked up until a certain hour, at which point anyone younger and faster could run by you to the front of the line when the doors were opened lol

6. gage006 macrumors regular

gage006

Haha exactly. Considering trekking out to Bridgeport Village just for ease.

7. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

Yah me too, but I'm not too fond of suburbia. I used to make these trips to Wilsonville all the time to hit up Fry's and finally disciplined myself into knocking that nonsense off. I'm still tempted though.

8. weeman macrumors 6502

9. cosmicjoke macrumors 6502

am curious how it played out for you guys... i ordered the phone last night, it was gonna be delivered anywhere from the 30th to the 2nd of Oct. or something... It hadn't processed and after awhile I got fidgety and canceled it.... so i ended up waking up this morning at 9am and rolled out of bed and hopped in my prius and drove to the verizon store... they had tons of the 5s in stock, was in and out in 10mins lol.... got a 32gb space grey (oh fwiw, they had tons of space grey in stock, but all sizes including 64gb)
    then i ate at the country cat and came back home, am highly satisfied with how little energy i invested.
    am so glad i didn't go to pioneer square, but i'm not too crazy about malls and overcrowded apple stores.

10. weeman macrumors 6502

Got in line around 5am...line kept on moving slowly and got within steps of the apple store around 930am only to find out that they ran out of 5S's about 10 people in front of me...ended up checkin the AT&T store across the street to find out they had a bunch in stock and got one there then hit up the food carts on 10th and stark and now here i am.

I'm not too happy the way apple handled this...they should have started handing out cards in advance and not make people wait 4 hours until they are near the front of the store to find out they don't have any...but when it's all said and done, I ended up with my 5S so can't complain.