iPhone 5s & 5c Launch Westfarms Mall, CT (Farmingont/West Hartford)

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by robd54, Sep 19, 2013.

1. robd54 macrumors member

Anyone with any insight as to how things will be at Westfarms in CT? Will be heading over at some point in the morning but not sure what time yet. Anyone going or talk to people there?

2. benfica88 macrumors regular

3. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

prob gonna head over at 5-6am or so... just can't deal with an all night wait, especially with how cold it's been! Just hope they have some gold 64gb's

4. robd54 thread starter macrumors member

Without any insight I was thinking between 5-6 am as well, I believe in the past they've let you in the mall to line up and wait outside the store. Looking for 32 GB gray/black and 32 GB gold (for the wife).

5. blue rocket macrumors 6502

blue rocket

Bad news.

I decided to swing by to see what was up around 9:45 after a movie. Line was already around past J-Crew. An apple store employee said someone would be out within 10-15 minutes to let people know what was up. An hour went by and he finally came out -- apparently they had what I would imagine was 1-3 gold phones, same with white/silver. They seemed to have a pretty good stock of 16 & 32 blacks for most carriers. They had NO unlocked phones at all. When he got to me, I was waiting on 2 gold 64gb verizon's he told me to go home and order online, supplies for gold are extremely low.

I honestly think if you want a black 16 or 32gb, you should get in line right now and you will HOPEFULLY get one, if you want anything other than that... no dice.

Sorry for the bad news, but I'm happy he let us know before waiting in line all night.

6. tiny dumpling macrumors newbie

are you serious???????? 1-3 gold and silver??????

7. benfica88 macrumors regular

Yup, low white and gold. In fact, they made it seem like there's already no more. Line is about 150 people?

8. ACint24 macrumors member

Line is down to lord & Taylor and wrapped back around to the front of j crew again.

No white or gold left after the couple of people in front claimed them but it seems like they have a good stock of space grey.

9. robd54 thread starter macrumors member

Got here a little after 5. Plenty of space gray. Got ticket for 64GB AT&T. Ordered wife's white on apple store app when I got here. Delivers next week. Gold was out to October.