iPhone 5s/5c - Manchester Arndale - UK

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by JUiCEJamie, Sep 11, 2013.

1. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Manchester Arndale

Same old, same old? Planning on getting the new iPhone on launch day as always. I'm sure a lot of us are. What time are people deciding to turn up this time?
    But with pre-orders for the 5c being online, how many of us are going to wait at home?

So what are we buying? 5s? 5c?

And, if it's your first time. I'm sure we'll all help you out with any questions you may have.

2. JakePasquill macrumors newbie

I may be there myself, never been to an apple release before so I probably have a million questions :)

First off, what time is best to get there?

Second, what time do the doors usually open and what entrance does everyone queue at? Is it the Next side?

Also, 5S :)

3. R1chard macrumors newbie

New member here! Pretty much the same questions as above poster really as this is the first time ill be queueing for an iPhone (despite owning them all).. I'm torn between Arndale and trafford centre at the moment. Ill be queueing for the 5S aswell!!

4. JakePasquill macrumors newbie

Great stuff :)

If the opening times stay set at 9AM then I'm thinking of getting there at around 5 and maybe grabbing some food if the queue isn't miles long at that time.

I can only imagine it being pretty busy though since we can't preorder.

If they decide to open at 8 to try and get most foot traffic out of the way before the arndale officially opens then I'll just have to hope to god I'm not a million miles away from the door as I start work at 9 and don't want to miss the whole day (If I am allowed to miss a few hours that is)

5. JUiCEJamie thread starter macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

Hi Guys! I've done quit a lot of launches for iPhone and iPad.. I've never got there super early, but I've heard people queue sometimes as early as teh night before at Arndale. I usually arrive around 3-4am, and I'm around 50-100th in the queue. I've always got the phone I wanted.

The launch is set for 8am, and Arndale security, and Apple staff open Arndale at 7am for us all.. we usually form an orderly queue leading up to the store. And we all take it from there.

It's the queue besides the Birdcage and Gregg's. Running up by where the back entrance of HMV used to be.

Hope that helps!

6. JakePasquill macrumors newbie

Sounds great, I may go for a night-before spot, see if I can be one of the first in line ;)

7. roblawton macrumors 6502

After last year's shenanigans at Trafford Centre, I'll be joining the queue at Arndale this year.

Was looking forward to pre-ordering but I'll be happy to arrive before the crack of dawn with my little stool to sit and wait like every other fanboy! :D

8. R1chard macrumors newbie

Can anyone reccomed parking places for the Arndale centre ? Also, once the doors open to get in the Arndale centre, is it a free for all to the apple store or does the queue remain?

9. R1chard macrumors newbie

Also.. just HOW bad was the queue at the trafford centre last year ?? it sounds like a war zone from what people are saying !?

10. roblawton macrumors 6502

11. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

Does everyone decide on one entrance to queue by?

12. roblawton macrumors 6502

I think the general consensus is to queue outside the entrance by The Birdcage, opposite The Printworks.

Probably the closest one to the Apple Store anyway.

13. R1chard macrumors newbie

Anyone any parking ideas ?? dont fancy paying for arndale carpark which seems really steep.

14. J3ssminda macrumors newbie

This is my first time that I will be going to an iPhone launch. I was considering getting there around 5am. For launch regulars, what are the queues normally like around this time?

Hoping to get myself an iPhone 5S!

15. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

I was thinking of getting there around 3am. I went to the iPhone 4 launch and got there at 6am and was waiting a while so hoping to get there a little earlier this time.

How about you guys?

Space Gray here I come :D

16. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

Sounds like a reasonable time. I think I will queue at the Arndale this year, following the problems at the Trafford last year.

17. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

Are the reports of low stock causing people to re-think their queuing times. Personally I think its the usual media hype. But maybe........ :)

18. JakePasquill macrumors newbie

I'm planning on an earlier visit than I first thought, I finish work at 5:30 so i'll be getting myself prepared then setting off for around 8, may aswell go for a 12 hour sit in the cold :p

My reasoning is, I have to be one of the first in and out so I can get to work on time.. The joys of a 9am start :p

19. DavidWildJnr macrumors regular

DavidWildJnr

You may have my company then.

20. JakePasquill macrumors newbie

Great :)

Will be forcing my other half to come stand in the cold with me so that makes 3 :)

21. stephenmdixon macrumors newbie

stephenmdixon

I'd potentially queue up at this store over the Trafford Centre store but if I were to queue from midnight or as early as 5 am; parking and toilet breaks would be a concern for me.

22. JakePasquill macrumors newbie

I can relate to that.

For me though, i'll be far too cold to care no doubt.

I just hope the weather holds off for the evening and early morning as I really don't want to spend the weekend cold, tired and wet, but I will be happy, so I guess it could be worse :)

23. stephenmdixon macrumors newbie

stephenmdixon

The only reason I say that is I queued for 8/9 hours for the iPhone 4 outside of the Arndale Centre and had to wait some time to use a toilet. It's not the end of the world if there isn't, though, but it's a nice-to-know.

24. MikeM87 macrumors 6502

MikeM87

I was thinking 2.30am should be almost guaranteed one then? what do you think?

25. Tom1301 macrumors newbie