iPhone 5S & 5C Meetup at Apple Store, City Creek Center [Salt Lake City, Utah]

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by benhollberg, Sep 10, 2013.

1. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The iPhone 5S & 5C launch on September 20 at the Apple Store, City Creek Center in Salt Lake City, Utah. First product launch at this location.

I'll be there most likely Thursday night, I know we have had a great setup in the past with others. Lets do the same thing and have some fun. Not sure where the line will be, hopefully not on Main Street.

2. falcora macrumors 6502

I'll be there again this year. Good times at the Gateway, but hopefully we can get a good setup at city creek. I work near the Apple store, so I'll check in with them to get more details about the line and mall security rules. I'll post what I learn here. Planning on camping thursday afternoonish.

3. falcora macrumors 6502

Talked with the Apple Store today. They said that we will not be allowed to camp anywhere inside the mall. Preliminarily security thinks they want us to be camped outside the mall entrance on Main st next to the trax station. So hopefully that will change once we get closer to launch.

4. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

If we are going to be outside the mall, was expecting it anyway, I think Main Street by the TRAX is the best option. I'd rather be there than over on the west or north side of the mall.

5. falcora macrumors 6502

Looks like there are some power outlets in the Tejas de Brazil outdoor seating area. Might not be able to tap into it until after they close though. Also there is a lot of foot traffic around it, so before midnight we may get crap about a "tripping hazard" or something of the sort. There aren't any outlets on the actual outer wall of City Creek that are available.

6. falcora macrumors 6502

Security today said that they are planning on letting people start lining up inside the mall at 9 or 10pm thursday night. Before that people can line up on main street, and they will just move the line inside later.

The only caveat is they said that people won't be allowed to bring in chairs, tables, tents, coolers, etc. Just a laptop bag, a blanket, and a pillow will be permitted. Hopefully they change their position on that, because 10 hours on that cold rock floor is going to suck.

7. rumz macrumors 6502

I've never done a Sept/Oct iPhone launch. How cold is it outside? Hard floor might be more tolerable to me. I guess we'll see if they loosen up.

8. falcora macrumors 6502

Overnight low is 53. Sweatshirts are usually fine, maybe a blanket too if you get cold easy.

Also, I just drove past on my way home at about 11:30pm and there wasn't anyone in line yet. Although at 10pm in farmington apparently there were 4 people lined up already for the grand opening.

9. Jdstrike11 macrumors newbie

Do you guys have any suggestions for how early i should be at city creek friday morning? Im not much a fan of sleeping in malls :(

10. falcora macrumors 6502

Get there early. We usually try to keep this thread updated with how long the line is. But there is no guarantee on them having the configuration you want unless you are fairly close to the front. All indications so far show very limited supplies for the white/silver and white/gold versions. To be safe, I'd probably plan on 4am. But again, that's still not a guarantee.

11. spangenberg macrumors member

It won't be that bad. The floor inside is actually heated :)

I was working at station park in Farmington last night and about 9pm saw 2 people start a line. I drove by city creek this morning and didn't see anybody. I'm planning on heading down about 6 tonight.

12. suprakc macrumors regular

Is there a thread for Fashion Place?

I am debating which store to attend, thinking maybe city creek will have more in stock. I am just really mad there were no pre orders, I have been stuck with an android phone for two years, sick of it, and have been planning on buying a 5s for a long time. I am a student and I have a job, so I can't stay the night anywhere. Will have to arrive early around 6.

13. falcora macrumors 6502

Fashion Place, Murray UT

Station Park, Farmington UT

14. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Currently seven in line at City Creek Center Apple Store.

15. Xials macrumors newbie

16. mrongey macrumors member

I'm debating whether to go to Fashion Place or City Creek - I work and live closer to Fashion Place but this will be my first launch. Any suggestions?

17. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

All the regulars are at City Creek, so it's better here. Waiting on Main Street sounds terrible, but waiting on State Street would be worse.

18. spangenberg macrumors member

Anybody have a line count at fashion place or City creek? About 16 here at station park

19. Mickyj13 macrumors newbie

There's about 10 at fashion place, but it's an unofficial line

20. falcora macrumors 6502

21. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

22. mrongey macrumors member

Still only 30-40 here. I'm in front of McIntyre if anyone wants to chat.

23. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

If anyone wants to talk I am number two in line.

24. Jdstrike11 macrumors newbie

Im planning on coming up there around 6 AM. Have you guys heard all the talk about shortage in every color except grey? If an apple rep says anything to the line about it would you mine posting it??? Thanks!

25. benhollberg thread starter macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Apple person here (City Creek Center, Salt Lake City) said to the first in line that he probably wouldn't be able to get two gold 64 GB AT&T because there wasn't enough stock, meaning only one gold 64 GB AT&T model.

I'd come right now if I were you. I'd say at least 50 people here now.