iPhone 5s/5c meetup at University Village - Fort Worth, Texas

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by bassrocker204, Sep 13, 2013.

1. bassrocker204 macrumors member

Hey just wondering who else is going to be in line on launch day?

Can't wait to get the gold 5s!!!

2. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I was thinking about it myself but I just do not want to be in line the night before, I'd much rather get there a couple hours (2 maybe 3) before the doors open and get my phone and leave.
    DFW heat and humidity can be a bear.

3. wilymon macrumors member

I haven't been in an iPhone line since iPhone 4. This was at the University store. My friend and I got there around 5pm the previous day and we were nowhere near the front of the line! Have things gotten better since? I was thinking of standing in line this year.

4. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

I may just wait outside my local ATT store, hopefully enough people just go to work rather than wait in line.
    Good thing about owning a business and having kick-ass employees, they can pretty much run the place w/o you having to watch over them so you can do something productive like wait in line for a phone.:roll eyes:

I stood for the 1, 3G, 3GS, got lucky and walked right into the store for the 4 (no line, weird) pre-ordered 4S and 5. Looks like I'm back to standing. At least this time around I'll have an iPad to catch up on some TV shows while waiting.

5. bassrocker204 thread starter macrumors member

I love waiting in line, I'll probably get in line Thursday early afternoon. And for this I would probably be a little worried about waiting at an AT&T store because of the ridiculous low supply for this launch. I think we all know why they have low supply for this launch, the production yield for the fingerprint scanner

6. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Has anyone gone by the store to see if lines have started forming yet?

I'm actually thinking more and more about lining up tomorrow...MiFi, MBA, iPads, sunflower seeds and jerky and a camel back filled with JD. :p

7. bassrocker204 thread starter macrumors member

I did about an hour and a half ago, no one there, but I also couldn't find any power outlets

8. mmomega macrumors demi-god

mmomega

Drove by the store @ 11:30 and the line was to Pottery Barn. So I said F that especially with it humid and raining.

So now I'm at my local ATT store , 1st one here.
    Just going to take a nap in the car and set my alarm for a few hours.

Attached Files: